Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Number 400 ?

Number 400 ?

After Mitchell Johnson became the 398th player to wear the baggy green, who do you think will be No.400 ??

With the volume of tests Australia is playing, they are more than likely to have injuries to their fast men rather than their batsman.

So I reckon Hilfenhaus should be 399 & Noffke 400 (as a bowling AR) - don't see any other potential candidates (Rogers, D Hussey (who the selectors seem to despise for some reason ??), Heal, Henriques etc.) getting a game in the near future.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Noffke is still an outside-shot to get a cap TBH. Mind, if Shaun Young and Scott Muller can, he certainly can.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

State Vice-Captain gettingbetter's Avatar
    Hilf will be around there, but it really is too hard to determine, though one thing must be said is that Australia is less likely to pull a suprise selection compared to other nations and their selections in the ODI circuit.

I can only see Hilf in the near future being selected and if any other injuries do come up, the likes of Watson, Hodge and Katich will snap up the places and for the bowlers, Tait, Cullen and maybe even Dizzy will come back in the frame.

So summing up, Hilf most likely for 399 and 400 is anyone's guess.

My 2 cents: Noffke won't wear the whites. Possibly the colours, but not the whites.

399. Hilfenhaus
    400. Haddin

Mr Casson and I discussed this well over a year ago and his opinion at the time was Cosgrove and mine was Hartley. How thing's change.
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, CA Lynn, Shakib Al Hasan, SE Marsh, +AT Carey, AC Agar, PJ Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Yeah, would have to say Noffke is a big chance of getting the 400, although it could be anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Noffke is still an outside-shot to get a cap TBH. Mind, if Shaun Young and Scott Muller can, he certainly can.
    This is a poor representation of Scott Muller. He was a gun bowler, his bowling ability has been let down by the Warne comment and Muller's handling of the situation. But, the fact is he deserved his chance, and he didn't bowl that badly when he had it. Can't believe he gets brought up when guys like Nicholson, Wilson and Cook were not even close to the class of Muller. Shaun Young on the other hand.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Actually Noffke has been in career best form this season, so you never know if somebody breaks down.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

If somebody breaks down Hilfenhaus and Tait are next in line. I wouldn't be surprised if they got Bracken into the baggy green before Noffke. I think it's more likely that someone like Haddin or Rogers will come in if their superiors get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    399. Hilfenhaus
    400. Haddin

Mr Casson and I discussed this well over a year ago and his opinion at the time was Cosgrove and mine was Hartley. How thing's change.
    Oh yea forgot bout Haddin. Probably only get a chance next year at the earliest.

If somebody breaks down Hilfenhaus and Tait are next in line. I wouldn't be surprised if they got Bracken into the baggy green before Noffke. I think it's more likely that someone like Haddin or Rogers will come in if their superiors get injured.
    Restricted to uncapped players.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Haha, was thinking about making this exact thread today, then I remembered that I cbf making threads.

I guess a fastbowler would be more likely to break down than a batsman, so Hilfy's probably going to be 399, which makes me think that Stedman could be on to something with Haddin. When you think about it though, the team's fairly set; the last debutant was Cullen in 05/06, and that was against Bangladesh, so it might be a while before the 400th actually gets a run. But when you think about it, most of those waiting in the wings have already debuted; Watson, Tait, Bracken, Hodge, even Gillespie and Katich.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    Oh yea forgot bout Haddin. Probably only get a chance next year at the earliest.

Restricted to uncapped players.
    Of course. I'm just saying that it's unlikely Noffke will get a cap any time soon.

400 Rogers perhaps? Hayden has indicated earlier that this summer may be his last...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Hilfenhaus, Haddin & Rogers are the next in line to make their debuts imo (in that order too) so Haddin will be 400 for mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

It is staggering how long it has taken Australia to not yet get to 400 and yet England has well over 600 Test capped players. How many of them (English) are either one-cap wonders or should have never been picked in the first place?
    Last edited by Craig; 10-11-2007 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It is staggering how long it has taken Australia to not yet get to 400 and yet England has well over 600 Test capped players. How many of them (English) are either one-cap wonders or never picked in the first place?

Haha touche, duly edited.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information