• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jesse Ryder back?

Athlai

Not Terrible
This isn't meant to be a personal attack on you, but FFS barely anybody had mentioned him before the last round of State Championship matches and now, almost purely because he scored twin centuries, people are talking him up as one of the brightest in the country. No offence, but it really ****s me off how short-sighted some people are. Before the last game against Wellington he was averaging 35.84. Sharpen up everybody.
35.84 still decent for NZ though, and I don't believe anyone has been talking him up all that much, twin centuries though are very promising. This is NZ cricket if a batsman shows any kind of form we have to get a little excited.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
35.84 still decent for NZ though, and I don't believe anyone has been talking him up all that much, twin centuries though are very promising. This is NZ cricket if a batsman shows any kind of form we have to get a little excited.
It's decent, but nothing more. And so was Greg Todd a week ago, now he's a potential Black Caps prospect.

Fiery

Banned
It's decent, but nothing more. And so was Greg Todd a week ago, now he's a potential Black Caps prospect.
Well of course any guy is going to score two tons in a game is going to attract attention. He was in contention before that anyway and I will go as far as saying we will see him in a Black Cap before the end of the season

Perm

Well of course any guy is going to score two tons in a game is going to attract attention. He was in contention before that anyway and I will go as far as saying we will see him in a Black Cap before the end of the season
Hahaha, geez. Total over-reaction. Not even going to bother arguing about this, because it's pretty pointless as far as I can see. Two good innings and somehow a guy goes from average to potential national player. Only in New Zealand.

Fiery

Banned
Hahaha, geez. Total over-reaction. Not even going to bother arguing about this, because it's pretty pointless as far as I can see. Two good innings and somehow a guy goes from average to potential national player. Only in New Zealand.
We'll see. I rated him before that actually.
Are you willing to have an avatar challenge if he plays for NZ this season? That Gilchrist one ****s me :p

Last edited:

Perm

We'll see. You willing to have an avatar challenge if he plays for NZ this year? That Gilchrist one ****s me :p
So you've told me quite a few times.

I don't do avatar bets, but he shouldn't get anywhere near the Black Caps this year. We've got 3 ODIs against South Africa, Australia and Bangladesh, plus a Twenty20 against Australia. In his career to date Greg Todd has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is any good in limited overs cricket.

Fiery

Banned
So you've told me quite a few times.

I don't do avatar bets, but he shouldn't get anywhere near the Black Caps this year. We've got 3 ODIs against South Africa, Australia and Bangladesh, plus a Twenty20 against Australia. In his career to date Greg Todd has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is any good in limited overs cricket.
I was thinking tests

Perm

I was thinking tests
We don't have any Tests until the 4th of January 2008 (I'll be there hopefully), so I was severaly tempted to take your bet. However, knowing the incompetence of our selectors, it wouldn't surprise me if Todd manages to play an ODI.

Fiery

Banned
We don't have any Tests until the 4th of January 2008 (I'll be there hopefully), so I was severaly tempted to take your bet. However, knowing the incompetence of our selectors, it wouldn't surprise me if Todd manages to play an ODI.
I meant season....edited

Flem274*

123/5
Greg Todd has done well so far but personally I'd like to see how he goes for the rest of the domestic season.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
This isn't meant to be a personal attack on you, but FFS barely anybody had mentioned him before the last round of State Championship matches and now, almost purely because he scored twin centuries, people are talking him up as one of the brightest in the country. No offence, but it really ****s me off how short-sighted some people are. Before the last game against Wellington he was averaging 35.84. Sharpen up everybody.
Hmm, if his average has jumped from 35 to over 40 after two hundreds that suggests to me that he hasn't been playing long. You're right in that it's way too early to be talking about him as a potential national rep, but he could become a bright prospect in the future.