• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better recognition for spinners???

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I heard something from O'Donnell on the cricket show that it is how Murali says it is spelled - so they will spell it as such.

I guess Muralitharan is similar to how Valeri Bojinov's last name isn't actually Bojinov (couldn't think of any other example :laugh: ).

I was interested, though, to see that C9 spell Samaraweera's Christian name as Tilan as opposed to Thilan.
Sri Lankan names seem to me to change, regularly, and sometimes even change back to something they had once changed from. Odd, I know, but I presume it's just due to noncompatibility with whatever language they originate from and English.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Probably best I stop getting into silly sillities, yes - but if you think myself and Voltman are ever going to get on you're asking for too much TBH, it just ain't gonna happen. You can have 50 clean-slates, there's gonna be the same old stuff on it again before long.

I'll do my best not to respond to his posts from now on, but the irony of that one was just too much.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Six years working in retail, followed by four years working as a journalist? Yeah, I don't have people skills. Good one, pal.

And yep, my thoughts were on the money.

Please note who started this one, pasag.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Six years working in retail, followed by four years working as a journalist? Yeah, I don't have people skills. Good one, pal.
Never once did I say you don't have them, merely that you don't use them - at all, mostly - on CW. You're one of the most unpleasant, inconsiderate posters on here.

Either way - as Gelman says, probably best not to get into this rubbish again.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Never once did I say you don't have them, merely that you don't use them - at all, mostly - on CW. You're one of the most unpleasant, inconsiderate posters on here.

Either way - as Gelman says, probably best not to get into this rubbish again.
Come on Richard, there's no need for comments like that. It doesn't paint you in a good look, regardless of how you feel about Voltman.

As pasag said, its probably more than time for a clean slate to be drawn.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I run classes twice-weekly over the 'net on being considerate and pleasant if you're interested? :ph34r:
Haha, we'll see. I do need to have a yarn to you though, so if I don't see you on MSN for the next few days I might just email you. Regarding journalism.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm online now, but it looks like you're "busy". I won't ask exactly what you're doing... I'm online a bit at the moment as I trawl the internet for jobs.