• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Split in World Cricket!??

Langeveldt

Soutie
There has been much talk over a split in world cricket recently with Zimbabwegate, Rows over sponsership, Match Fixing and other security issues breaking cricket up.
Well if this did happen, I suppose it would be the most drastic thing ever to happen to cricket scince Kerry Packer.

I suppose there would be a league containing England, WI, Australia and New Zealand, an Asian league, and an African league containing Namibia, Kenya, SA and Zim...

Personally I dont think this will happen for at least 10 years and I doubt it will happen at all. It is certainly interesting, but it wont be for the good of the game.

Any views on the above??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I feel that any split would be a tit-for-tat measure and would be temporaty, i.e. "you didn't play here so we won't play there".

There are a dozen or so English counties who are praying that such a thing will not come to pass, no matter how temporary.

Please, whatever the rights and wrongs over "Zimbabwegate", let it not be so!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, they've tried the Asian Test Championship, and what a waste of time that was!

Added to the fact that India and Pakistan still aren't playing each other.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
The Asian test championship was a good idea but strangely none of the participating nations gave it enough importance. India's not playing Pakistan was the last straw and the championship is never going to take place without that matchup.

I suppose they can work it out for India to play Pak in SriLanka and Dhaka.

The talk about split on racial lines is either rubbish or it was always there- depending on how you choose to look at it.
What wont happen is ICC split officially into two - with the white and nonwhite nations. What is happening (rather continuing to happen) is polarization between the white and nonwhite nation within the ICC.