• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Time for Steve Tikolo to retire?

deira

Banned
i think its time for him to retire, his batting has been declining over the last few years and they should give younger players a chance

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tikolo is still better than any other options that Kenya have, even if he is declining.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
As well as the fact that he is still one of the most devastating First Class batsmen in the Associate arena and is consistently taking wickets to boot. This year has actually seen him register two or three career bests. I think he will be around for another couple of years at least and hopefully will keep his form up even longer.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He should hang around. The youngen's in the side need his(father figure/big brother)presence to deal with the pressures of Intn'l cricket

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He should keep playing for ages. Gun player tbh, has done more for his country then many other cricketers.

brockley

International Captain
Tikolo needs to stay to shepherd the batting,most of kenyas' experienced players have moved on for one reason or another,can see him playing till he is 40.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
In the immediate context Kenya are currently low on Middle and top order batsmen so him (injuries and further studies)retiring would put an enourmous workload on the likes of Thomas Odoyo who and Collins Obuya who shouldn't have to score hug innings every single game just to keep Kenya competitive and bowling allrounders like Jimmy Kamande and Nehemiah Odhiambo who really should be focusing on getting wickets rather than saving the teams batting from imploding so until there is a steady, talented and hopefully regularly available young batsman to fill in for him he should stay.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On that note, it is poignant to go back to old threads sometimes and see the number of banned posters. :mellow:

Ganguly, Murphy, Burpey, Rodgie, Voltman, and of late of times Fiery and sledger...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not my place to say TBH. I'm sure he'll mention when he returns if he wishes.
Obviously a ban that was handed out off-forum? If there was a post from James then I'm surprised I missed it.