• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve In The Waughs!!!

Willow Whacker

Cricket Spectator
Well it looks like a throw from the outfield by his own team mate may have done what the Aussie Selectors were aiming up to do...put S.Waugh into early retirement!

Steve was on the receiving end of the throw in the NSW v Victoria Shield Match yestarday at the MCG. The throw cracked his boofy head and he may have a broken cheekbone, putting his selection for the tour of the West Indies in doubt and probably ending the second best player in Australia's cricketing history's career.

But knowing how tough S. Waugh is I wouldn't put it past him to play with both legs amputated, whilst on life support in an iron lung. As long as the umpires work out which part constitutes LBW and he's allowed a runner whilst batting.

:O :rolleyes: :O :rolleyes: :lol: :D :lol: :P

WW

Willow Whacker

Cricket Spectator
It's Ok - news just in hscans show that S. Waughs cheekbone is OK. However Waugh is now considereing having some cosmetic surgery in ordr to make him even more vulnerable in the hope that it will make him play at his peak.

"A coupla legs and an elbow are a small price to pay for the opportunity to represent my country and lead my team in the Windies Series. And I'm not ruling out the chance of a World Cup call-up," said Waugh who has scored over 400 runs in the last coupla weeks.

Is he the toughest player in World Cricket?
Nay the last 50 years?
Nay possibly the toughest in all time?

:wow: :wow: :wow: WW:wow: :wow: :wow:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tough? I remember Botham winning a cup for Somerset after he had ducked into a bouncer and had several teeth knocked out and he was spitting blood...8D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember Marshall batting with a fractured hand and Kumble bowling (he got Lara too) with a fractured jaw!

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I remember Marshall batting with a fractured hand and Kumble bowling (he got Lara too) with a fractured skull!
Wasn't that his broken Jaw?