• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lee's wicket ball was magnificent. I've never seen a bowler capable of bowling an effective slower ball with perfect seam position that allows sideways movement. If he can do that consistently it's going to be an amazingly dangerous weapon.

sideshowtim

Banned
You get Australia out for a gettable target and instead of taking the initiative - you defend for twelve overs. Its **** cricket; I hope he gets out for a duck.
Didn't India say they'd be taking the attack to the Australians this tour?

That saying has got to be one of the biggest cricketing cliches ever. We see touring sides say it every time they come down here but very few of them actually do it...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lee's wicket ball was magnificent. I've never seen a bowler capable of bowling an effective slower ball with perfect seam position that allows sideways movement. If he can do that consistently it's going to be an amazingly dangerous weapon.
Agreed. He bowled it in the one day series a few times as well. It's easily the best slower ball I've ever seen - almost impossible to pick up, even by looking at the seam, and it swings away in the air. Amazing bowling.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
You get Australia out for a gettable target and instead of taking the initiative - you defend for twelve overs. Its **** cricket; I hope he gets out for a duck.
How do you take the "initiative" when virtually every ball is on a good line and lenght and risk losing your wicket because of that?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
If cricket is uni-dimensional, there is no thrill to it.
It is nothing to do with defensive cricket being boring - more the fact that he has faced now nearly forty balls for no run when he should be looking to score. You have to attack against Australia otherwise they will get on top of you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Didn't India say they'd be taking the attack to the Australians this tour?

That saying has got to be one of the biggest cricketing cliches ever. We see touring sides say it every time they come down here but very few of them actually do it...
Attacking for the sake of attacking is senseless in itself though. I doubt Dravid has gone out there thinking he'll block out 20 overs without scoring - it's a byproduct of good bowling by Australia and Dravid having no form at all. There hasn't been much to hit and he's actually gone for a few shots only to miss them/mistime them/edge them. Playing each ball on its merits is the way to go about it. And, let's be real here - he's still out there. If he goes on to score a ton, he won't be complaining about being 0* off 37.