• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
End of the day there is no correct evidence to judge anything on Harbajan but 3 autralian players, none of them can be trust as each and every single player on field would be backing their fellow team mates.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Reasonable summary but:

1. A spinner, not just Warne, was what was missed in Perth

2. Warne was totally ineffective in the first innings of the Adelaide test last year so I dont read too much into India's score

3. 3 of the 4 tests have been played in sub-continent like conditions and in the other, Australia handed the advantage to India by picking the wrong attack

4. Haddin is a test quality replacement for Gilchrist

Where Warne has been missed (and only in the last 2 tests) has been in the slips and cleaning up the tail

IMO, Australia has a very good pace attack in the making but will draw more matches (and also lose the odd one) because we dont have a world class spinner

Realistically, India could be in worse shape because Dravid, Laxman and Ganguly have suffered potentially chronic lapses in form and/or physical conditioning plus they have no reliable openers and no backup batsmen

Having said that, I expect that Australia willlose in India later this year because the BCCI wont make the mistake of preparing pitches that suit the opposition more than the home side

1. Can't see that Hogg would have made much of a difference, given that the Indians have largely owned him. And besides I though Tait ("The great White Hope" ) was gonna scare the bejesus out of India.....:laugh:
3. Nope......Sydney didn't turn all that much IMO...certainly not as much as a classical Indian wicket would have done. Melbourne did but Melbourne hasn't reallly been a fast, bouncy wicket for many years now so I don't know what yoy're complaining about. And Adelaide has been Adelaide.
Really the conditions have been more or less what's been expected....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
End of the day there is no correct evidence to judge anything on Harbajan but 3 autralian players, none of them can be trust as each and every single player on field would be backing their fellow team mates.
The truth will out - of that, I am sure.

And you will read the truth HERE.