• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ugh, he got carried away and if he had kept his head we could have gotten to 500, but you can't really complain about 63 runs from Harbhajan!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm - Billy Bowden didn't intervene to rule not out.

The umpiring standard in this series has not improved a jot.

Anyway, well batted Harbhajan and Kumble, despite the former being the most annoying and disliked player on my cricketing planet.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm - Billy Bowden didn't intervene to rule not out.

The umpiring standard in this series has not improved a jot.

Anyway, well batted Harbhajan and Kumble, despite the former being the most annoying and disliked player on my cricketing planet.
I tend to agree, it's just that the bad decisions have been evenly spread, that we haven't heard all about it imo.

Burgey

Harbhajan > Ponting

I'm not even talking about being a bunny, but about batting in this series :ph34r:
Glad you weren't talking about the human being side of things either.

A pox on both their houses imo.

Cheers for the heads up on the outlawing leg byes thread too. Appreciate it.

Top_Cat

Irrelevant IMO

Seriously, even if guaranteed free entrance, I would not walk across the road to watch the first 3 days of an Adelaide test because deck is totally stacked against the bowler
Seriously, why moan about it? It's no different than Adelaide has always been. Adelaide decks in general are like that. It's why the SA batsmen seem to lose control of their bowels when they face bowlers interstate who can swing the ball; they're brought up on roads.

Burgey

I tend to agree, it's just that the bad decisions have been evenly spread, that we haven't heard all about it imo.
Those runs Harbhajan scored were very very valuable. Can't see what Bowden will ever give out if he didn't give the one before lunch, tbh. It's just weird to see them give, say Tendulkar and Hussey out in Perth, yet Dravid and HBS not out here - same with Symonds in Sydney.
It's been going on for ever of course, it just doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
I've been concerned with the catching standard for the last 5 years. It's just that it hasn't really had an impact to date (aside from maybe 2005), as Australia just created so many chances. If you’re going to lose two of the greatest bowlers of all time, you can really afford to drop 3 sitters in a single innings and expect to win games against strong opponents.

It’s been going downhill since the Simpson coaching era players have retired (e.g. Tubby, Waugh and Warne in the slips). Back in the mid to late 90’s, it was a massive shock if Australia dropped a couple of sitters in a whole series, now they’re dropping 2-3 every game.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Kumble's gonna slaughter Sharma here, doesn't matter if how well you bowled or how many times you got Ponting, how dare you become the 12th fieldsman when your captain hits down the ground :D

Last edited:

Burgey

I've been concerned with the catching standard for the last 5 years. It's just that it hasn't really had an impact to date (aside from maybe 2005), as Australia just created so many chances. If you’re going to lose two of the greatest bowlers of all time, you can really afford to drop 3 sitters in a single innings and expect to win games against strong opponents.

It’s been going downhill since the Simpson coaching era players have retired (e.g. Tubby, Waugh and Warne in the slips). Back in the mid to late 90’s, it was a massive shock if Australia dropped a couple of sitters in a whole series, now they’re dropping 2-3 every game.
Good point I reckon. The standard has been poor this summer. I think as the decks flatten out as they have th elast few years, you notice it more coz chances are harder to come by as well.