• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
great win by india! johnson and clark gave us a scare at the end, but kudos to the indians for breaking through and finishing it off! excellent team effort! now off to adelaide...hope they keep the same intensity about them, won't take much for the aussies to come roaring back and dominating...:), excellent post-match comments by ponting, took the defeat on his chin and was ready to move on...

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Warne's replacements do not matter here, as against India Warne averaged 48, so his participation didn't actually mattered.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Warne's replacements do not matter here, as against India Warne averaged 48, so his participation didn't actually mattered.
Yeah because every game he's going to take 2/96 and 1/48 against India so he'd maintain his average of exactly 48.. :blink:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sorry, I just wrote: "Yeah because every game he's going to take 2/96 and 1/48 against India so he'd maintain his average of exactly 48".. :blink: :laugh:
I still don't get it - what does Warne maintaing an average of 48 have to do with anything? Yaju said that Warne was ineffective against India, so its not like his participation likely would have done a whole lot. The 48 figure was in support of that statement, I don't think he was saying that Warne would always average exactly 48 against India.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I still don't get it - what does Warne maintaing an average of 48 have to do with anything?
The person I replied to hasn't thought that if Warne was playing there is a chance that he'd perform better then his abnormal average of 48..

Basically I don't think we should say that our 4th bowler will have done Shane Warnes job if he finishes the series with a bowling average of 48.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
They have just achieved something no other side has done in four years and you're saying they shouldn't celebrate! Are you kidding???

And since when was the match a dead rubber? Who cares about the Border-Gavaskar trophy anyways? It's not like the Ashes where the urn is the most important thing. They have the chance to draw a series in Australia which would be monumental.
thats what they are playing for the border-gavaskar trophy and that was indias aim to to win it and they have failed, i dont see what the big deal about beating australia in 1 test match is because they were just dew for a loss australia.Iff india win the next test than they deserve some credit

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The person I replied to hasn't thought that if Warne was playing there is a chance that he'd perform better then his abnormal average of 48..

Basically I don't think we should say that our 4th bowler will have done Shane Warnes job if he finishes the series with a bowling average of 48.
well he brought it down from 54 something to 48 in the last series and there is always a chance he will take a few wickets against us and maybe further bring down his average, but what yaju was pointing out was, warne was never going to influence a series against india the way an aussie quick would...the indians are(have always been) just too comfortable against him...

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
well he brought it down from 54 something to 48 in the last series and there is always a chance he will take a few wickets against us and maybe further bring down his average, but what yaju was pointing out was, warne was never going to influence a series against india the way an aussie quick would...the indians are(have always been) just too comfortable against him...
i think on australian soil warne would of done well, how many tests did warne play against india in australia ? i think he played 1 early in his career which was way before his prime plus 1 other

pasag

RTDAS
thats what they are playing for the border-gavaskar trophy and that was indias aim to to win it and they have failed, i dont see what the big deal about beating australia in 1 test match is because they were just dew for a loss australia.Iff india win the next test than they deserve some credit
Like pulling teeth this. Yes they can't win the series, but they have just achieved something no other side has done in 875 days (beat Australia) and 1500 days (beat Australia at home). If that's not cause to celebrate I don't know what is.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Like pulling teeth this. Yes they can't win the series, but they have just achieved something no other side has done in 875 days (beat Australia) and 1500 days (beat Australia at home). If that's not cause to celebrate I don't know what is.
a cause to celebrate would be to win a series , the bigger the series the more you can celebrate

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i think on australian soil warne would of done well, how many tests did warne play against india in australia ? i think he played 1 early in his career which was way before his prime plus 1 other
if he couldn't do much in decidedly more spin-friendly conditions in india, he is not going to do a whole lot more on australian pitches...to go down to warne in australia, the indian players would have to be as horrendous against high-class spin as the english or the safffies and obviously they are not...

Dissector

International Debutant
Most of us including me underestimated India's bowling and overestimated Australia's batting so far but I have the feeling that Adelaide is where the vaunted Australian lineup will finally come good scoring 550+ in the first innings. Or at least they will unless India produces something extra with the ball and in the field. Probably Bhaji as the fifth bowler will be essential, if nothing else to put some doubt in Ponting's mind. Apart from that the bowlers will have to be patient and accept that the Aussies will score some runs. Even if they knock down a 550 score down to 450 that will give India a fighting chance provided their batsmen fire and there is some turn in the second innings. Of course winning the toss would help a lot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
a cause to celebrate would be to win a series , the bigger the series the more you can celebrate
If they won the series they'd celebrate more.

But be realistic mate, they've just won a Test Match, a match which the captain declared his best ever win in a career spanning 124 Test Matches.

Of course they are going to celebrate..