• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Agree with all those saying Pathan should open, will give India the best chance of winning in Adelaide. Even if he doesn't open, there's no way he should be dropped.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I was very pleased the squash ball didn't help Gilchrist....:laugh: No deja vu from the World Cup..
Bowled around his legs by Sehwag...

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Bring back Dizzy, he'll shake and bake, and help with the Batting...After seeing that performance, I sense a ton if he does play...

Get rid of either Johnson or Tait...Although Johnson has batted good...

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd much rather the kid learns and has some sense knocked into him.

But yeah, if he continues baiting for much longer he'll be gone.
look its simlpe india will not be taking the boarder gavaska trophy back home with them so they shouldn't of been celebrating like that today , what about that statement dodnt you agree with ?

pasag

RTDAS
i thought you were saying that the 20/20 win was a big deal when it is not, i still dont see what india have to be so happy about they have failed to do what they came to australia to do
look its simlpe india will not be taking the boarder gavaska trophy back home with them so they shouldn't of been celebrating like that today , what about that statement dodnt you agree with ?
They have just achieved something no other side has done in four years and you're saying they shouldn't celebrate! Are you kidding???

And since when was the match a dead rubber? Who cares about the Border-Gavaskar trophy anyways? It's not like the Ashes where the urn is the most important thing. They have the chance to draw a series in Australia which would be monumental.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They have just achieved something no other side has done in four years and you're saying they shouldn't celebrate! Are you kidding???

And since when was the match a dead rubber? Who cares about the Border-Gavaskar trophy anyways? It's not like the Ashes where the urn is the most important thing. They have the chance to draw a series in Australia which would be monumental.
More monumental then last time when they were in Australia?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah, because if you're a good test bowler, your team automatically does well in the World Cup. Regardless of how the rest of the attack goes, regardless of how the batting performs, regardless of whether you can actually translate your test bowling into ODI success... if you're a good test bowler, your team wins the World Cup. That's why six or seven teams win the World Cup every year.
PEWS on fire. :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
More monumental then last time when they were in Australia?
Definitely. Not only is it coming back from 2-0 down, but in 2003 the pitches were too flat and the Aussie bowlers were quite crap. Both Warne and McGrath were out, while this is pretty much the front line Aussie bowling attack this time around. Of course, India don't have their front line, but the replacements have bowled as well as the top guys, so it matters less.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Congrats to india.....a well deserved win!!!! at the moment australia seem to lack the firepower and to be honest indians are not finding any difficulty in getting the australians out......i think india will win the last match only becuase they got excellent rhythm with them and secondly their aggressive atitude have made the aussies think and work hard. Not to mention knowing that they can draw the series, they will throw everything at them. So i will predict an indian win.

Australia are really struggling with their batting, and i can guarantee you that if ponting doesnt do much in the next match, same result will come up.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Since India's disastrous tour in 1991-92, the teams have met 21 times in Test cricket; the numbers now stand at 10-8 in Australia's favour. In the corresponding period Australia's record stands at 27-9 against England, 12-2 against Pakistan, 15-4 against South Africa and 9-1 against Sri Lanka.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect this Australian team will get beaten readily outside of Australia in the post Warne era...and India has just shown they are beatable even within Australia....

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, very much...By the way how are you celebrating today? The thunder bowler Tait and the 2nd best batsman after Bradman who became 2nd best by making 2000 runs in test cricket must have given you enough to celebrate...Go and celebrate your favourite Border-Gavaskar trophy which is your favourite thing on earth it seems....Go sleep with it...Also tell Punter 2 do the same.....He'll be happier than you because it has been a great series with the bat for him thus far....So go and celebrate and spare the visitors in this thread... :)

Last edited:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Yes, very much...By the way how are you celebrating today? The thunder bowler Tait and the 2nd best batsman after Bradman who became 2nd best by making 2000 runs in test cricket must have given you enough to celebrate...Go and celebrate your favourite Border-Gavaskar trophy which is your favourite thing on earth it seems....Go sleep with it...Also tell Punter 2 do the same.....He'll be happier than you because it has been a great series with the bat for him thus far....So go and celebrate and spare the visitors in this thread... :)
8-)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I expect this Australian team will get beaten readily outside of Australia in the post Warne era...and India has just shown they are beatable even within Australia....
Do we have to call it just the post Warne era? Can't it be called the post Warne and McGrath era?

But yeah if Hogg is your no. 1 spinner and you have guys like Rogers and Jaques opening, we are going to struggle away from home on occasions.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Do we have to call it just the post Warne era? Can't it be called the post Warne and McGrath era?

But yeah if Hogg is your no. 1 spinner and you have guys like Rogers and Jaques opening, we are going to struggle away from home on occasions.
McGrath's replcements are not too bad or not far behind, but Warne's replacements are not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath....And in the subcontinent and quiet a lot elsewhere overseas too, its him (Warne's loss) that will be missed more than McGrath's...

river end

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think that's an accurate call. Almost all the bowlers now in test cricket have played all their cricket in an era which favours aggressive batting and this has just not allowed bowlers to be able to work on getting rythym and learn to work on the batsmen.

Now that Australia have no bowlers from the 'past' eras they will struggle more.