• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
Nah, I disagree. Don't see the Indians having that much problem on this pitch in their first inning. India to pile on 600 runs according to me.
lol
nah id put my money on an indian collapse rather than 600!

we'll see though.. IMO it's not a road nor a pitch ud expect a team to get skittled.. so yea ..good day tomorrow it seems

i am pretty certain that Aussies wont bowl badly though.. it will come down to good batting if they do well

Laurrz

International Debutant
Word out, very good to see India putting up this sort of challenge on day 1 in many ways even though 400-2 wouldn't have been a solid platform no doubt:cool:. But this morning had that feel of past series shockers to Australia i.e Lord's 2005, Mumbai 2001 as Slater said the other day Australia have been so dominant if you catch them off guard they with a challenge they don't seem to be a plan B, they just keep coming at you refusing to like accept that you are ahead of them in whatever weakness you may have found in them & has proven in the Ashes & in India 2001 it is to their detriment.
similar to when Saffers came here too a few years ago.. Aussies were all out before the day finished i believe...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's probably the most likely subcontinental attack to take 20 wickets against Australia atm though. Anil Kumble is a key player. He's taken 29 wickets in 6 Tests in Australia, so there's certainly precedence.
*precedent

My mind is so strange that I woke up, came on CW, and this occurred to me. Thank God for "Search This Thread" or I may never have found it. :ph34r:

Laurrz

International Debutant
Btw, Clark > any number 11 I can remember. How good were his cover drives!
haha and the straight drive.. and the cut shot.. i was like whoaaa...altho i always knew he was a pretty good tailender lol

hope these two continue tomorrow badly!

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
So every batsman who get stumped is getting themselves out? You're having a lend, surely. I mean if they're stranded down the track having tried to put a spinner into the next postcode, sure, but examples like Jaques today, that's brilliant bowling.
It only looks brilliant bowling because he missd the ball and got stumped out. So it was his mistake because he was out of his crease despite not attempting to play a big shot. If you're trying to hit a six, it makes sense to go down the track, to the pitch of the ball because that gives you the maximum chance of hitting a boundary. In this case, it was just for a single etc, the ball turned enough and he missed it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Think India will have the best of the pitch tomorrow - it will certainly be easier to bat on than it was today (not saying it was a minefield today, but it will be fllaaaatt tomorrow). India bowled well today.

Ponting and Hussey were both dismissed very quickly, which tbf can happen to even the best batsmen, and has been recently the only way you seem likely to get either of those guys out. Neither dismissal had that much to do with the pitch IMO. But the chances of both of them failing in the second innings is pretty slim.

Also, I hope people remember Hayden's performance today in terms of playing well against GOOD bowling, including a pretty torrid first hour. He certainly looked a hell of a lot more assured than Jaques and did his job as opener perfectly.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Nah, I disagree. Don't see the Indians having that much problem on this pitch in their first inning. India to pile on 600 runs according to me. Then, with a crumbling pitch, unleash Harbhajan and Kumble to try and enforce an innings victory. That should be the aim. Even if we win with 7-8 wickets in hand in the second inning, I wouldn't mind it too much. The good part is that there is a lot of time left in the game. So, Australia might need to make a fair few runs in their second inning to get them out of trouble. Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman are the key for India in that order to set the foundation for a big total.
I think your post is just a joke, but if that's not the case, I have one thing to say, you're just dreaming. You will wake up after another 4 days, maybe not necessarily 4, maybe just 3 more is enough:laugh: .

Laurrz

International Debutant
Also, I hope people remember Hayden's performance today in terms of playing well against GOOD bowling, including a pretty torrid first hour. He certainly looked a hell of a lot more assured than Jaques and did his job as opener perfectly.
yep on ya Haydos

left at a bad time tho..the dismissal was very strange...

without him we would've struggled to make an avg score tho

JBH001

International Regular
Really disappointed with the way things went for us today, after getting off to such a great start we just threw the advantage away, India bowled well but i think the batting was too wasn't any good either almost every batsman got out after getting a start and it wasn't as if they got out to unplayable deliveries (apart from the one Ponting got out to), Mitch and Stuey have done well to add some valuable runs and they would do very well to add some more runs tomorrow morning.
You know, I think sometimes far too much is made of so-called 'wicket taking' deliveries. The reality is that most batmen get out through errors usually brought on by consistent good bowling backed up by good fielding and not by super deliveries. If anything, super deliveries do not get wickets because they are often too good for batsmen - usually leaving the batsman looking like an idiot at the crease, but still at the crease nonetheless. A wicket is a wicket, however it may have come about, and every ball that takes a wicket is a wicket taking delivery. So enough with the nonsense already.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Agree with the above in most, but not all cases. Zaheer bowled several deliveries that were too good to Jaques this morning.

JBH001

International Regular
Yes, I know, and I have said that too. He did bowl beautifully this morning, lovely movement in and out with the ball with a straight seam all the way down the track.

My point was that most deliveries of that nature will not get wickets, as they did not for him in the morning session. I dont mean to suggest that this does not ever happen, for example his ball to Ponting was a pearler and quicks especially, and spinners on helpful surfaces, can have spells where every wicket is taken with gems. But this is not usually the case - most wickets fall because batsmen have made a mistake (often built up by just good and not spectacular bowling), not because that specific wicket taking ball fits the definition of unplayable. That was what I meant, and is something that seems to be at times forgotten or ignored on CW (if recent comments here and elsewhere are anything to go by).

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
It only looks brilliant bowling because he missd the ball and got stumped out. So it was his mistake because he was out of his crease despite not attempting to play a big shot. If you're trying to hit a six, it makes sense to go down the track, to the pitch of the ball because that gives you the maximum chance of hitting a boundary. In this case, it was just for a single etc, the ball turned enough and he missed it.
Australian batsman are attacking batsman. Jaques came out to try and play and shot, Kumble are aware of the strong chance of this pitched perfectly and wrong un was fantastic, classic spin bowling, suck them in to the shot. It was Superb ball, even our so called biased commentators thought so. The only really bad shot today was Symonds. Clarke perhaps as well but the ball did swing on him after some good pressure.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a wonderful day of cricket. Probably the most enjoyable that I have watched for a very, very long time. The first hour was fantastic and the way Kumble and Khan got India back into the match was sensational.

Loved Ponting's reaction when he got out. Made me laugh. Cracker of a ball from Khan.

Also good to see Hussey go early, can't stand watching him bat.

Clarke's shot was terrible and not Hayden's best innings, but showed his true class all the way.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Incredible fightback from team India. At one stage i was thinking that its going to be a 500+ score, with all my mates giving me hell, but Kumble and Zaheer changed it compeltely. It was simply breath taking.

Umpiring overall was quite decent with 1 blemish but such things happen in cricket. Fieldng was quite woeful, it all started from ganguly's fielding :laugh:, he is still a legend though, so STFU all.

Thought Haydo's played an incredible innings, he really had to lead from the front but a brilliant ball from Zaheer got rid of him. Clarke imo should be moved up the order to number 4, did anyone ever consider that thought?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Incredible fightback from team India. At one stage i was thinking that its going to be a 500+ score, with all my mates giving me hell, but Kumble and Zaheer changed it compeltely. It was simply breath taking.

Umpiring overall was quite decent with 1 blemish but such things happen in cricket. Fieldng was quite woeful, it all started from ganguly's fielding :laugh:, he is still a legend though, so STFU all.

Thought Haydo's played an incredible innings, he really had to lead from the front but a brilliant ball from Zaheer got rid of him. Clarke imo should be moved up the order to number 4, did anyone ever consider that thought?
Why would Clarke bat ahead of Hussey who is averaging 88 in test cricket (before today's innings)?

Laurrz

International Debutant
Zaheers ball wasnt that good? did swing in a fraction though..

nah Huss has always batted 4 for Aus in tests

Pup our best player of spin by miles tho and would've liked him playing kumble..but huss woulda played him sooner or later anyway