• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So:

1. Zaheer Khan
  2. RP SIngh
  3. Sreesanth
  4. Irfan Pathan
  5. Ishant Sharma
  6. Munaf Patel

Which three are our first choice pace attack?
Zaheer Khan, RP Singh and Ishant Sharma, IMO. Pathan offers a good allround option to bat 7 when India want to play two spinners though, and I think it's an option that should be explored more often if he continues to play like this.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Encouraging that we're creating chances. Come back out with some fire in the second session and we'll get one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India need three-four wickets next session.
Stop saying these things lol.

"India need a wicket in the first 2 minutes of the second session, if they don't get it its gone"

;)

Anyway what did people think of the decision when Ponting shouldered arms to Ishant Sharma during his spell? I think umpires HAVE to give those appeals. Otherwise batsman can do what they like.

adharcric

International Coach
No, I trashed them when they needed to be trashed. E.g, when they threw down trash. I've praised them every single time when they've bowled well.
Of course, you'd be a fool not to praise Zaheer and RP during those spells in England, for example. You still didn't rate them overall though. You still haven't given Sreesanth any credit either - as much as you may hate him, he's damn talented and will be a real force if he can give up the stupid antics.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stop saying these things lol.

"India need a wicket in the first 2 minutes of the second session, if they don't get it its gone"

;)

Anyway what did people think of the decision when Ponting shouldered arms to Ishant Sharma during his spell? I think umpires HAVE to give those appeals. Otherwise batsman can do what they like.
It would have been given anywhere else in the world IMO. I think Bowden just had too much doubt over the bounce. Perth not only plays with the players' heads but the umpires. I thought it was out myself, though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - great session. How good was Sharma in that spell?

Ponting was working so hard to keep him out, and I thought he'd just got through the hardest of it, but then Sharma finally got his man after working Ponting over for the best part of 40 minutes.

Massive hit to Australia's chances, but Hussey looks to have set himself to get this job done. In the next session he and Clarke need to stay together - if they can get through the next session without losing another wicket, the match will be back to being in the balance, but at the moment, India are doing what they need to.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Of course, you'd be a fool not to praise Zaheer and RP during those spells in England, for example. You still didn't rate them overall though. You still haven't given Sreesanth any credit either - as much as you may hate him, he's damn talented and will be a real force if he can give up the stupid antics.
Check my post history. I have always said when he bowls good spells, but I am not going to call him a good bowler until he does it consistently. Right now, he mixes up a great spell with a couple of rubbish ones.

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
Batsmen are shouldering arms to such deliveries largely because this is Perth. You can't punish them for reading the pitch and leaving the ball accordingly. If the ball's going to hit the stumps, give the guy out, otherwise no.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hold on, these are the same seamers you trashed not so long ago. You abused them, gave up on them. Change your mind at all?

Sreesanth and Ishant are the most talented of the bunch. RP Singh is just behind them. Munaf could be in that group but his fitness is far too uncertain to even consider him - a bit like Simon Jones for England. Basically, it's Zaheer, Sreesanth and Ishant (just ahead of RPS) as long as Sreesanth concentrates on bowling and not antics. Otherwise, bring in RP. Despite the tragedies of Sreesanth and Munaf, I'm very pleased with the state of our pace attack.
You have to consider though who performs well in Indian conditions.
It is all well and good performing in friendly conditions but in india and pakistan you could get thrashed if you are not spot on.Therfore zaheer is a must,probably along with sreesanth or rp and pathan could play as fifth bowler.
For me out of 6 munaf is the most talented naturally but he has mental issues and needs to get his body fit.