• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Boy, Benson missing that Johnson dismissal has proved to be very costly thus far and it could end up playing a big role in this Test Match.

Fantastic Day aside from that for India. Couldn't have asked for a better day after Australia's rather lucky 131-0 beginning.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
jesus christ... thank you Stuart Clark!!! This day would've been in Indias favours... it still is but not as much
You should be thanking Benson for not giving Johnson out when he was. This innings should've been over long ago.

Matt79

Global Moderator
You should be thanking Benson for not giving Johnson out when he was. This innings should've been over long ago.
FFS - the umpires make ONE error all day, giving the benefit of the doubt on a very line ball decision, against a number 10, and an idiot bobs up to whinge. I was only certain he'd hit it after about 4 slow-mo replays, so it was hardly a howler of a decision.

Great effort by this last pair - those extra 30-40 runs could make all the difference.

JBH001

International Regular
FFS - the umpires make ONE error all day, giving the benefit of the doubt on a very line ball decision, against a number 10, and an idiot bobs up to whinge. I was only certain he'd hit it after about 4 slow-mo replays, so it was hardly a howler of a decision.

Great effort by this last pair - those extra 30-40 runs could make all the difference.
Hey, at least its not Sri Lanka. If it was, Jason would really be going to town on that decision!!! :ph34r: :D

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, I know. For any other side in the world, that would be a good - if not great - first day performance. But for Australia, it seems ordinary, if not downright poor...

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
I was only certain he'd hit it after about 4 slow-mo replays, so it was hardly a howler of a decision.
You need to get your eyes checked if it took you 4 replays to see that he'd hit the ball.This wasn't any small nick; it was HUGE. I and everybody in the commentary box knew he touched it the moment they saw the first replay. This was an easy decision Benson BLEW.

Exactly. Umpire's howler could prove to be a HUGE difference down the road. What a pity that will be. India got ****ed by the umpires the last time down here. I can only hope that isn't the case this time around too!

Laurrz

International Debutant
You need to get your eyes checked if it took you 4 replays to see that he'd hit the ball.This wasn't any small nick; it was HUGE. I and everybody in the commentary box knew he touched it the moment they saw the first replay. This was an easy decision Benson BLEW.

Exactly. Umpire's howler could prove to be a HUGE difference down the road. What a pity that will be. India got ****ed by the umpires the last time down here. I can only hope that isn't the case this time around too!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
India's bowling was pathetic to Johnson and Clark. If you can get out Hayden or Clarke, then you can get those two out.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sounds like a fascinating day of cricket. Fair play to India, once more the more senior, level-headed members of the forum called this as a contest, and that's exactly what the first day was.

And Turbs - keep it up son. Go go go.

Matt79

Global Moderator

:laugh:

Look forward to you disappearing when your team has a poor day bandwagon boy.

pup11

International Coach
Really disappointed with the way things went for us today, after getting off to such a great start we just threw the advantage away, India bowled well but i think the batting was too wasn't any good either almost every batsman got out after getting a start and it wasn't as if they got out to unplayable deliveries (apart from the one Ponting got out to), Mitch and Stuey have done well to add some valuable runs and they would do very well to add some more runs tomorrow morning.
Anyways now the onus is on the Australian bowlers and the pressure is gonna be on them they won't have mountain of runs on their side this time around and they have the daunting task of taking on the famed Indian batting line-up, but the test is very beautifully placed atm but India have their noses slightly ahead atm.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No offense pup11 (and sure you won't take it as such) but I don't think you give the Indian bowling enough credit. Sure, not all of the out cricket was to sensational deliveries but the pressure built up in between the outs was great from India, especially Kumble, Harbi (later in the day) and Zaheer. The pressure, I think, brought about the outs.

Fiery

Banned
:laugh:

Look forward to you disappearing when your team has a poor day bandwagon boy.
Give him a break. I can understand him being ****ed off with that decision. The frustration of not using the technology that's available to get these decisions right in cricket has reached breaking point for me too