• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

jeevan

International 12th Man
It says something for the aura that Australia have built for themselves that they’re 2/65 chasing 413 in the fourth innings of a Test in which they’ve been generally comprehensively outplayed and there’s still a lot of people saying the balance of the match is 50/50. The boys certainly deserve such credit, so remorseless have they proven over the years in their pursuits of victory. That being said, it’s very, very much India’s game at this stage – an Aussie win from this position would surely go down at or near the very top of their all time victories.

Personally I’m going for an unbeaten double ton from Punter, and Kumble to take our last three wickets in a hat trick to dismiss Australia for 412.
For 395 or 396, please. In these times, the incidence of coronary disease is such that your desired outcome is a too great a public health risk for mine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really really hope Kumble gets some good uneven bounce tomorrow, and maybe we'll see Sehwag/Sachin spinning it too - Kumble has ignored his part times so far, but he should use them tomorrow if needed.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If either Ponting or Hussey makes a tonne, I'll be backing Australia. As it is, I find it very difficult that the pitch will help run scoring, even with a few great talents lurking around.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If either Ponting or Hussey makes a tonne, I'll be backing Australia. As it is, I find it very difficult that the pitch will help run scoring, even with a few great talents lurking around.
If both do I would be, but if only one does, I'll still favour India,

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think Kumble will bowl India to victory tomorrow. He's the key.

And boy, hasn't Irfan surprised everyone. Not necessarily with the bat, always thought he's extremely competent. But his bowling has been superb. Yeah he's been great with teh new ball, but he's been very tight with the new ball as well. He hasn't fallen apart like in the past.

He probably has the best work ethic in the whole Indian team tbh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am still worried that they managed to score at 4.40 an over - what will Gilly do? :( We don't have a McGrath or a Clarke that can keep it tight. I suppose Kumble could do it, but we need him to be aggressive.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Enthralling match really. Tait's selection has been highly dubious, that's for sure. His fielding is such a liability. Hopefully it will be nice and close tomorrow, with the Aussies getting home of course. :D

Also want to give credit to the Indian bowlers. Apart from Sharma today, the Aussies have not been given much to drive and the controlled swing has been a standout. Understood that the Perth deck is giving a bit of help to everyone, but Pathan and Singh in particular are exploiting the cracks and making the batsmen play. Almost feel like I want India to win, given they've been the better team so far.
I have to agree, Pathan and Singh have bowled superbly and should be joint MOTM. They have consistently hit the right areas and swung it and looked dangerous the whole time.

IMO they show the sort of thing that Bracken could do for Australia. Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait should both be sent back to play some domestic cricket where Johnson can learn how to swing the ball and Tait can get his confidence back up. Bracken, Hilfy and Noffke into the squad to replace them.

Woodster

International Captain
If Aussies win from here they deserve the 17 consecutine wins record. If anybody can lead a side to a 413 target then Ponting is the man. I personally can't see it happening though, for what its worth.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty funny stuff from Laxman in the press conference last night. He said he rotated the strike because Singh found it comfortable against Tait, and then had a huge chuckle when he said, "and Stuart Clark". Classic moment for mine.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself awake tonight, don't wanna miss this. Reckon the Aussies still have a fair chance, I can see this one going down to the tail, following a Hussey hundred.