• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Matt79

Global Moderator
huh? You can't really see anything at all in that video. It could be anything that he's grabbing. Absent of anything approximating evidence (other than Laxman had 'something' in his pocket), this is meaningless.

Dire to see that already on the site some people are suggesting ball tampering *sigh*.

James

Cricket Web Owner
huh? You can't really see anything at all in that video. It could be anything that he's grabbing. Absent of anything approximating evidence (other than Laxman had 'something' in his pocket), this is meaningless.

Dire to see that already on the site some people are suggesting ball tampering *sigh*.
Exactly right, its just the media trying to stir things up again.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's incredibly poor form. Australia struggling to survive in a match for the first time in ages and Channel 9 come up with this ****. Ridiculous. Could have been anything.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
they would be rather screwed without him
Sorry but that seems to discount the performances of other players in the team. Dravid has made a 93, Tendulkar a 70, RP was very good with his 4 wickets and his 30, Laxman was so good with his inning today, Fact is that it has been a team effort and your post makes it sound like it has been a solo Irfan effort.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Two down at stumps means it would take a minor miracle for Australia to win tomorrow, IMO. The key to such a large chase was a good start, and Australia being 0 or 1 down when they made it through the tricky period tomorrow, with a good start on the chase and good batsmen still to come. I had a feeling that was managable, but it didn't work out at all, and Jaques in particular was pretty disappointing.

Obviously anything is possible, but I just don't have that much faith in anyone below Clarke at the moment to make big runs in a situation like this. Ponting and Hussey will have to be together a long time.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Sorry but that seems to discount the performances of other players in the team. Dravid has made a 93, Tendulkar a 70, RP was very good with his 4 wickets and his 30, Laxman was so good with his inning today, Fact is that it has been a team effort and your post makes it sound like it has been a solo Irfan effort.
no i didnt mean that at all... altho i agree it may have came across like it

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It says something for the aura that Australia have built for themselves that they’re 2/65 chasing 413 in the fourth innings of a Test in which they’ve been generally comprehensively outplayed and there’s still a lot of people saying the balance of the match is 50/50. The boys certainly deserve such credit, so remorseless have they proven over the years in their pursuits of victory. That being said, it’s very, very much India’s game at this stage – an Aussie win from this position would surely go down at or near the very top of their all time victories.

Personally I’m going for an unbeaten double ton from Punter, and Kumble to take our last three wickets in a hat trick to dismiss Australia for 412.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Enthralling match really. Tait's selection has been highly dubious, that's for sure. His fielding is such a liability. Hopefully it will be nice and close tomorrow, with the Aussies getting home of course. :D

Also want to give credit to the Indian bowlers. Apart from Sharma today, the Aussies have not been given much to drive and the controlled swing has been a standout. Understood that the Perth deck is giving a bit of help to everyone, but Pathan and Singh in particular are exploiting the cracks and making the batsmen play. Almost feel like I want India to win, given they've been the better team so far.

Last edited: