• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

biased indian

International Coach
You know whats ironic? And what underlies the accepted notion of Australian dominance? The fact that most non Australians are crowing over Australia being dismissed for just 300 odd on the first day of a test match...
and that too after being 162-1...after 38 overs..the next 52 has been one way traffic
only 163-8

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia haven't failed to score above 350 (on a wicket that isn't a mine field and in a match that they batted both innings or 5 days play) for over ten years.
I think we'll be looking back at this pitch as less than great too, to be honest. 320-odd, as they are right now, will be a tough chase for India.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's not how, it's how many, particularly when you are an 11. Might get found out when trying to save a match but probably wont have to do that too often
Yeah, but I was replying to a post about his technique when I said what I did, not his value. :p

He has a bloody good technique for a no 11
Not really, IMO. Has a few decent shots if you happen to bowl poorly to him, but his defensive technique is horrible.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think we'll be looking back at this pitch as less than great too, to be honest. 320-odd, as they are right now, will be a tough chase for India.
Spent most of the day watching our cricket (and at work) so unsure of the conditions TBH.

chalky

International Debutant
Not really, IMO. Has a few decent shots if you happen to bowl poorly to him, but his defensive technique is horrible.
From what I have seen he seems to have a pretty straight bat and reads lengh quite well especially compared to other no 11's in the game. Cos of Australia's batting strengh though he rarely gets to bat.

biased indian

International Coach
may be its better for us if we dont gt them out now :)..let them play 4-5 over in the mornign say for 8-10 runs and get them out will take out all the moisture out of the surface...day 2 should be the best time to bat i think..hope we can match or score 100+

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glorious cut shot by Clark! Shades of Punter in that. RP Singh too short today generally, though.

Laurrz

International Debutant
jesus christ... thank you Stuart Clark!!! This day would've been in Indias favours... it still is but not as much

Fiery

Banned
Didn't Mills bat #11 in a test against Australia once? He might have been #10, actually. Clark's a genuine tailender - he'll be out soon enough IMO.
No Mills has never batted at 11 in tests. He has 5 times in ODIs though. 7 runs, once out