• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
uh oh- here comes the Politically-correct 'hush it up' police from across the Tasman sea to rescue their big brothers.

Afterall, how dare i point out that whatever Nazi Germany did, Australia did for longer and in larger numbers ?? For surely, inconvinient truths arn't tolerated, right ?
Goodnight sweetheart weeelll it's time to go....tralalala :happy:

How did you know James was from NZ? :blink:

Last edited:

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
i give up tbh.

You obviously have very little knowledge about Australia other than what you piked up from when you live there, which would probably be very little. Being an Australian Citizen and studying history and geography and working on social justice issues for the past 5 years would usual mean i know more than you. But you would probably try to argue that John Howard won the Federal Election, so i am not going to bother.

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
In regards to the match, I think if India had a few decisions go their way, they would have won. a great match ruined by the racism Row and some poor officiating.

James

Cricket Web Owner
uh oh- here comes the Politically-correct 'hush it up' police from across the Tasman sea to rescue their big brothers.

Afterall, how dare i point out that whatever Nazi Germany did, Australia did for longer and in larger numbers ?? For surely, inconvinient truths arn't tolerated, right ?
I wasn't joking with my post above.

7 day ban.

Johnners

haha sheeeeeeesh

I have 3 things to say:

1.Roebuck is a Knob, we all know Ponting is no saint, but his apparent poor conduct in this match has been so overblown it's ridiculous, much like everything else thats happened in this match.
2. SST please be quiet for the sake of the rest of us Australian fans
3. Play some ****ing cricket and stop squabbling you bunch of overpaid namby pambies

ozone

First Class Debutant

Seriously, you need to see a councilor. You genuinely appear to have serious issues.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Privately owned forum, his rules. If James had said "All non-Nazi related discussion will result in ban" it'd be equally fine for him to do so.

Son Of Coco

haha sheeeeeeesh

I have 3 things to say:

1.Roebuck is a Knob, we all know Ponting is no saint, but his apparent poor conduct in this match has been so overblown it's ridiculous, much like everything else thats happened in this match.
2. SST please be quiet for the sake of the rest of us Australian fans
3. Play some ****ing cricket and stop squabbling you bunch of overpaid namby pambies
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Johnners

BTW, would be interested to read an article or what have you, where an Australian captain has said "What happens on the field, stays on the field". Not that I don't beleive it wasn't said, I've just never read/heard it from the horses mouth so to speak. Anyone got any? Or know who said it?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BTW, would be interested to read an article or what have you, where an Australian captain has said "What happens on the field, stays on the field". Not that I don't beleive it wasn't said, I've just never read/heard it from the horses mouth so to speak. Anyone got any? Or know who said it?
i have laways wondered that. Among the players it seems to be very well known, but who said it?
Hmm, Taylor said it in the youtube link posted earlier I think.

Johnners

ITSTL, despite James' location showing he was in Sydney, Australia, he knew he was originally from NZ despite only apparently being a new member today :detective

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I've been away for a couple of weeks, but how did I know I'd come back to threads like this one?

I don't popose to get into Australia's record of racial abuse on this forum, but dealing with the things coming out of the Sydney test:

1. Ponting's claimed catch (photo above) - he ought not have claimed it.

2. Gilly's appeling the Dravid dismissal - his appeal was spontaneous and enthusiastic - of course, it doesn't mean he was right, nor does it mean he is in some way morally bankrupt for asking the question, just as the Indians aren't morally bankrupt to have gone off like ICBMs for an lbw shout when Ponting cut the ball in half in the first innings. People appeal for things all the time.

3. The umpiring - it was very, very bad. Thank goodness they were neutral umpires. Despite the poor umpiring, burning effigies of them seems OTT to me. No team should, however, be able to hold the governing body to ransom over whom it appoints to tests, especially when there aren't that many umpires around at international level. Rauf and Bucknor for Perth - I'm more concerned about the standard of the former than the latter, who at least has the excuse of age on his side.

4. The race thing with Harbhajan - I fail to see how you can't report something like that if it is said on the field, irrespective of who says it. It's just not on imo, so if it's said it should be reported.

Whether he should have been found guilty based on one person's word over another is a separate issue. I would find it hard to convict a person on that evidence, but then again I wasn't at the hearing.

People getting upset because Tendulkar's version was not preferred at the hearing are it way off the mark. Whether you've played no tests, one test or 150 tests, that doesn't mean what you say happened did happen, nor does it mean you're lying if it didn't. It simply means the person deciding the matter has preferred one version over the other.

The term which Singh has been found to have used is an offensive term and it's racist. What's more, he knew after October last year that it was an offensive term, just as Hogg knew or certainly ought to have known that the term ****ard is offensive to Indians and he should not have used it. If they said those things they should both get a spell, frankly.

Sad that a great match was overshadowed by these things. I do think, however, from a purely cricketing point of view that a draw would have been easily the fairer result. Imo once India got a 1st innings lead they ought to have pressed harder for runs than they did to give themselves more time to put the Aussies under more pressure. Easy to say from here, of course :) .
Very well said.

Difficult to find much well thought out stuff in these emotion filled times :happy:

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
This is a cricket forum not a politics forum.
Every one harping on about Australia.

No one seems to be concerned with India's misdemeanours....

1) Yuraj Singh dissent, even though he was acquitted was hardly in the spirit of the game.

2) Kumble publicly attacked the umpiring and called for the umpires to be removed. Hardly the model of sportmanship, how far can he go publicly before he gets charged with dissent or calling the game into disrepute? (Privately and through official channels say stuff but to say it publicly! In the AFL players and coaches would have been suspended for that.)

3) No 11 conveniently walks out with 2 right handed gloves?

4) Has anybody worked out the over-rate for both teams, has any action followed that? How can a team with two spinners not keep up with overrates?

5) Harbajhan patting Lee's rear end. If I did that at work I get a warning for harrassment.

6) Threatening to quit series

7) Appearing to blame Australia for bad umpiring, Bucknor is the most senior umpire in world cricket. (If they want good umpiring maybe they could call for Taufel, I'm sure the Aussie wouldn't mind.)

Son Of Coco

This is a cricket forum not a politics forum.
Every one harping on about Australia.

No one seems to be concerned with India's misdemeanours....

1) Yuraj Singh dissent, even though he was acquitted was hardly in the spirit of the game.

2) Kumble publicly attacked the umpiring and called for the umpires to be removed. Hardly the model of sportmanship, how far can he go publicly before he gets charged with dissent or calling the game into disrepute? (Privately and through official channels say stuff but to say it publicly! In the AFL players and coaches would have been suspended for that.)

3) No 11 conveniently walks out with 2 right handed gloves?

4) Has anybody worked out the over-rate for both teams, has any action followed that? How can a team with two spinners not keep up with overrates?

5) Harbajhan patting Lee's rear end. If I did that at work I get a warning for harrassment.

6) Threatening to quit series

7) Appearing to blame Australia for bad umpiring, Bucknor is the most senior umpire in world cricket. (If they want good umpiring maybe they could call for Taufel, I'm sure the Aussie wouldn't mind.)
You're right...this'll make it so much better :happy: