Page 151 of 862 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 12921
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** India in Australia

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    As I said - completely inept batting performance. We are no longer a strong batting team. Our bowling is now better than our batting - and I never thought I'd say this. The golden batting age of India which began in 2001 has officially ended. This is the strongest team in the world, so a loss is not unexpected, but it is time to retool after this tour in the batting department.

I am fairly happy with our bowling at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLad View Post
    You were telling us you belived India could win it.
    The series, yes they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Turb, you still busy preparing those avatars?
    More than ever.

Seriously though, jokes apart, this was expected... expect us to come back hard. Watch. I am not gonna' say anything anymore cuz it'll just sound ridiculous, I'mma speak only after the 4th and last test match. And then we'll see who is right.

To Sam/Pasag

You've won a battle my friend, you've won a battle, but the WAR is yet to begin.

Haha! Love your optimism mate!

I hope it is well rewarded come the end of the series.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    The series, yes they will.

More than ever.

Seriously though, jokes apart, this was expected... expect us to come back hard. Watch. I am not gonna' say anything anymore cuz it'll just sound ridiculous, I'mma speak only after the 4th and last test match. And then we'll see who is right.

To Sam/Pasag

You've won a battle my friend, you've won a battle, but the WAR is yet to begin.
    Your faith is quite disturbing Turb. This is the type of blind devotion that leads to inquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Your faith is quite disturbing Turb. This is the type of blind devotion that leads to inquisitions.
    As I said earlier...

It's true though , it's like a frikin undergrad student trying to score high on the MCAT without any prep and expecting to get into Harvard Medical School. It just doesn't work.
    You of all people should know .

First Class Debutant
    Man of the match should be Dravid ,he was the main topic for every body's discussion

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Johnson bowled like an absolute dream with the old ball. The over where he dismissed Kumble was probably the best of the whole match, even though it was to a lower order batsman. Amazing stuff, and he's done enough to play again in the next match IMO.

Hogg did enough as well, his second innings bowling was particularly good, and he deserved to have Ganguly several times. Most notably he had him absolutely plumb LBW not playing a shot, and then had him well beaten when Gilchrist missed the stumping.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Ganguly has been close to India's best batsman in the test - dropping him would be criminal.
    I agree and tbh I'd forgotten that Karthick was on the tour

That being the case

a. drop Dhoni and let Karthick open and keep wickets (wont happen, Dhoni is a protected species)

b. Move Dravid back to 3 and everyone else bats a position lower

c. I'd also be tempted to drop Jaffer for Sehwag but the former has just come off a double century v Pak (not that it means much on those wickets) whilst the latter hasnt played

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Exactly, like WTF at people blaming Dravid and his opening. He's a non-opener and he batted better than Jaffer, cuz atleast he batted damnit. We need somone like Sehwag on the other end to release some pressure off Dravid if he is to open. Once again, worth taking a gamble with Sehwag. Anyone who ****ing blames Dravid should be slapped.
    If he's going to bat like that the least he can do is look for quick singles. Scoring 5 off 66 balls simply increases the pressure on the guy at the other end to score runs. It was a very ordinary batting display from someone who has been raved about. If you are that good you shouldn't be struggling to find a way to turn over the strike. The fact is that he did open, whether he's an opener or not, and as a result he has a role to play. Comparing his batting to someone else who also failed isn't really that reassuring. I'd love to see Dravid bat well, but only he knows what he was doing in this test.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Johnson bowled like an absolute dream with the old ball. The over where he dismissed Kumble was probably the best of the whole match, even though it was to a lower order batsman. Amazing stuff, and he's done enough to play again in the next match IMO.

Hogg did enough as well, his second innings bowling was particularly good, and he deserved to have Ganguly several times. Most notably he had him absolutely plumb LBW not playing a shot, and then had him well beaten when Gilchrist missed the stumping.
    Yep.

Very pleased with the way all our bowlers bowled in the second innings. Makes me very proud. I thought we'd struggle to get 20 wickets without McGrath and Warne, although so far, the 'new' attack has done superbly and taken all 60 on offer comfortably within 5 days. Even on wickets that benefit the bat. So yeah, very pleased with that.

Also think our performance with the ball puts India's in the first innings in context...People were raving about it as if it were the bowling performance of the century...But 343 on that wicket was a magnificent first innings score...So a bit of hastiness from the media there.

15 in a row, bloody proud to be an Aussie. Keep it up lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    If he's going to bat like that the least he can do is look for quick singles. Scoring 5 off 66 balls simply increases the pressure on the guy at the other end to score runs. It was a very ordinary batting display from someone who has been raved about. If you are that good you shouldn't be struggling to find a way to turn over the strike. The fact is that he did open, whether he's an opener or not, and as a result he has a role to play. Comparing his batting to someone else who also failed isn't really that reassuring. I'd love to see Dravid bat well, but only he knows what he was doing in this test.
    Agreed. I never said no Dravid shouldn't be recieving any criticism at all, cuz yes he deserves his fair share. BUT, it's people laying majority of the blame on him is what is pissing me off, when each and every batsman is to blame for our spineless batting display. No single performance (apart from Tendulkar in the first innings) was praiseworthy.

Did much better than I expected us to do TBH in this first test with no prep at all.
    Uh...Didn't you tip an Indian win after Day 1?

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Uh... series? Hell yeah.

Agreed. I never said no Dravid shouldn't be getting any criticism at all, cuz yes he deserves his fair share. BUT, it's people laying majority of the blame on him is what is pissing me off, when each and every batsman is to blame for our spineless batting display. No single performance (apart from Tendulkar in the first innings) was praiseworthy.
    That's true...I thought Ganguly batted steadily in both innings too. It was a pretty poor effort in both innings though overall. Yuvraj hasn't even looked like a batsman yet, neither has Dhoni.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    It was interesting to hear that it was the Indian Cricket Board's decision to delay their arrival in Australia to squeeze in the test series with Pakistan thus giving them next to no warm up games. It was a strange decision.

Thread Information