• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Bracken

U19 Debutant
If only that were true. The nonsense that has been spouted over the two series this summer has more than demonstrated that having neutral umpires is no barrier to ridiculous claims of bias.
All 3 Aussie commentators agreed tat Symonds was out.

Is THERE NO LIMIT this sport's bias or stupidity ??

Bucknor and Benson have won this match for Australia along with the 3rd umpire. For those who are attentive Yuvraj was given out when there was MORE doubt and that too by the field ump :wacko: :@ :@

No one should be surprised - in Australia this happens to all the visiting teams at critical junctures of the match.
Case in point.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I'm sure Bucknor will be having a vegemite sandwich in the tea break and writing fan letters to Delta when he gets home. 8-)
I thought the conspiracy was that he doesn't give anything to Indians. That one's been around a while too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is justification though, such as the development of cricket in that country, the personality, team-work and attitude displayed by the team, the prescence of several favourite players etc. People have the choice to support whatever team or country they like, and I think it would be very silly to say "You can't support any country other than your own", as it would prevent some people from enjoying the game.
tbh, I agree with that. You DON'T have to show your patriotism by supporting your team in sports, for me.... If a war breaks out or something else happens and this guy is rooting for the other side, then it is a problem... But in sports, you just tend to support the team that you like more and for whatever reason, if he likes Australia more than India then he has every right to support them... As pointed out, he doesn't bag India like Raghav and a couple of others do, so it is not really a problem, for me...

But it is kinda funny that we have Pup11 on one hand, who is Indian and supports Australia and we have Jono, who is Australian but supports India... :)

archie mac

International Coach
Yeah, but what if it's inconclusive a lot of the time, like with LBW decisions and catches? Do we still delay the game by referring it to the third umpire every time?

I know it's easy to call for technology to be used, but think about the last test for instance and the myriad of rejected LBW shouts by Hogg and Kumble respectively. How many of those, had they been referred, would have been conclusively out on replay? I'd hazard a guess at 0. And how much time would it have taken for every one of those shouts to be referred to the third umpire, all for no reason?

Yes, but I don't think they should use it for LBW, but it is hard to argue with Hot Spot and Snicko, and also if the where the ball pitched outside leg stump or struck the batsman outside the line

Evermind

International Debutant
I think we should give full credit to the Aust. batsman they have refused to be tied down and have taken it up to the bowlers:cool:

And the bowlers, who've pretty much lost heart and look like they've given up, after the Symonds/Bucknor howler.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Question: when we talk about pitching in line with the stumps and they bring out that blue area in line with the stumps - does some of the ball have to be inside, or more than half, or all of it... what if the frames don't actually capture where the ball pitched, or where it hit the batsman, as tends to happen a fair bit.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we should give full credit to the Aust. batsman they have refused to be tied down and have taken it up to the bowlers:cool:
No denying that umpiring has given Symonds the chance to score runs. Hogg has been very good, but he did benefit from a dropped catch.

archie mac

International Coach
And the bowlers, who've pretty much lost heart and look like they've given up, after the Symonds/Bucknor howler.
Poor team play? Get some heart, two bad decisions and they give up, will never beat an Australian team with that sort of thinking, and as for the ground fielding:ph34r:

archie mac

International Coach
No denying that umpiring has given Symonds the chance to score runs. Hogg has been very good, but he did benefit from a dropped catch.
Well you take the good with the bad, are you suggesting that Symonds has never copped a bad call from an umpire? Part of the game for mine, don't cry try harder