Page 101 of 862 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 12921
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** India in Australia

Banned
    Sucks how you Aussies can replace a player like Langer with a Jaques...why can't you bring in a Papps or a Cumming ffs!!

Great day for Australia, bowled very well and they have come back into this game very well and now they have the game firmly in their grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Sucks how you Aussies can replace a player like Langer with a Jaques...why can't you bring in a Papps or a Cumming ffs!!
    Get a decent domestic competition.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Yeah there were thinking about replacing Langer with Watson but fortunately common sense prevailed!

How good is Stuart Clark? Knew he'd do really well against us.

Aussies simply too good today, and India were very very poor.

Sachin was brilliant for a little while which was great to see, but unfortunately he went out in the same way he went out in the Victorian practice match.

Ganguly taking the single and not pushing for two like Yuvraj was the last over before tea was pivotal IMO. Yuvraj was not looking good, and Ganguly should have seen off Clark's over and not given up the strike. Argh, I picked this happening before Clark's last over even happened.

A mate and I said "Let's see if Ganguly sees off this over, or goes for a ****ty single and exposes Yuvraj." Then when there was a 2 on, he takes a single, and surprise surprise, Yuvraj is dismissed (apparently he didn't hit it, but makes little difference).

I know its not Ganguly's fault Yuvraj was batting poorly, nor that the rest of the line-up collapsed, but he always does this and its frustrating.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Get a decent domestic competition.
    We need some decent players to play in it for a start. Nothing wrong with the current set-up tbh. You guys need to let us come and play in yours

Banned
    OK, I've let you off Josh...that sig was ****in annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    (apparently he didn't hit it, but makes little difference).
    No, he did hit it.

No, he did hit it.
    The edge, or the bat-pad? Or both?

Fair enough either way, I was at the ground until 5pm. But if he did nick the one off Clark, why was he so pissed off when he saw he was given out? Weird.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    And his sticky boxers!
    Good for him, if he got his jollies yesterday. Delayed gratification is pointless when playing Australia.

ps There was a thread on the team most likely to chase 500. Well we're going to get a go at that X-prize here, I think.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Both
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    But you're the one the whinges after India loses, not me. So wouldn't you be the one burning the effigies?

Lol, idiot.
    Serious question here.

Why are you such a huge idiot? Like there has to be a fundamental reason, I'm just curious as to what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    The problem isn't disagreeing with each other. If people didn't have different opinions, there would be no room for much discussion. The problem is you acting poorly. This is a classic example. Calling people 'idiots' and Indians fascist fans is very much dire.
    Twice, unprovoked, I was called an idiot. If people aren't willing to cop it, they shouldn't be so eager to dish it out. It makes them look like McGrath.

Take a look at this, from the Boycott Q and A:

---
    "Moving on, here's a question that's come from Michael in Birmingham. He says that Michael Vaughan has said that "losing can become a habit' after their abysmal loss to Sri Lanka in the Test series, and England need to guard against that. But having seen their spineless performance in the series, where they clearly lacked the expertise in all three departments of the game, do you really think they can regroup, or is he being a bit harsh?

GB: No, I don't think that Michael from Birmingham is being too harsh. It's a pity that some of the England players aren't as harsh as him.
    ---

What I really admire about the English players and public is that they honestly acknowlege that their team is no good, and try to find ways to make it better. They don't mollycoddle the team and try to rationalise away its weaknesses. England have the greatest variety in pitches of all the countries, which always makes for an exciting contest at home and gives players from everywhere a fair chance to win. India instead prepare dead, flat pitches that usually go into meaningless draws or get so slow and low even the Harbhajan gets unplayable. This causes unreasonable expectations and an inflated reputation. There are some things that the Indian media, fans and groundsmen can learn from the English.

The problem with India is that no one honestly appraises the national team, and prepares meaningful pitches that will prepare its home team for overseas competitions. Even people like SilentStriker who are otherwise usually pretty objective have a blind spot when it comes to his home team - so far, I've seen only SJS who is somewhat objective and not overly emotional in his assessments. Then there're those like pup11 and Raghav who have pretty much completely given up on their own country and support someone else. Perfectly understandable - who wants the humiliation series in and series out?

The edge. Snicko showed quite a sharp noise and the bat was nowhere near ground or pad.

Awesome bowling by our lads So proud of how our bowling has stepped up thus far after Warne and McGrath.

Lee is definitely bowling better than I've seen him for some time, and Sarfraz is ever reliable...Hogg looked OK at times...but I'd still rather Tait there. Reckon he'd cause the Indians plenty of problems.

The edge. Snicko showed quite a sharp noise and the bat was nowhere near ground or pad.
    Ah, fair enough then.

So either Yuvi had no idea he nicked it, or he was being a jackass by standing there.

Thread Information