• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indo-Pak ODI: Choose your Indian XI

JerseyGuy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
After a tough series with Australia, Team India's next clash is against archrivals Pakistan. Who would be your India XI?

JerseyGuy

Here is my team -

1.S.Tendulkar, 2.Gautam Gambhir/S.Ganguly (rotated), 3.Rahul Dravid/S Badrinath (rotated), 4.R Sharma/Robin Uthappa(rotated), 5.Yuvraj Singh, 6.M S Dhoni, 7.Irfan Pathan, 8.Zaheer Khan, 9.Harbhajan Singh/P chawla (rotated), 10/11. R P Singh/S Sreesanth/Murali Kartik (2/3 depending upon the condition).

Suresh Raina, M Patel, M Tiwari and Jonginder Sharma should also be given a chance in last match if india wins the series before that.

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gautam Gambhir, Robin Utappa, S tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Badrinath, S Ganguly, MS Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Chawla, Sreesanth, Zaheer. (no rotation :mellow: )

Ideology behind dropping both Sourav and sachin down is because of the need to find good openers for future. S & S have played 700 ODIs and should be able to play at any position.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Gautam Gambhir, Robin Utappa, S tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Badrinath, S Ganguly, MS Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Chawla, Sreesanth, Zaheer. (no rotation :mellow: )

Ideology behind dropping both Sourav and sachin down is because of the need to find good openers for future. S & S have played 700 ODIs and should be able to play at any position.
Gambhir
S Tendulkar
S Badrinath
Ganguly/Dravid/( if 5 bowlers were to be played Murali Karthik should be the 5th bowler)
Yuvraj Singh
Uthappa
Dhoni
I Pathan
H Singh
Z Khan
S Sreesanth

Uthappa has done exceptionally well down the order and i would like to see him continue there.

Flem274*

123/5
Here is my team -

1.S.Tendulkar, 2.Gautam Gambhir/S.Ganguly (rotated), 3.Rahul Dravid/S Badrinath (rotated), 4.R Sharma/Robin Uthappa(rotated), 5.Yuvraj Singh, 6.M S Dhoni, 7.Irfan Pathan, 8.Zaheer Khan, 9.Harbhajan Singh/P chawla (rotated), 10/11. R P Singh/S Sreesanth/Murali Kartik (2/3 depending upon the condition).

Suresh Raina, M Patel, M Tiwari and Jonginder Sharma should also be given a chance in last match if india wins the series before that.
Why is half the side rotated?

Tendulkar
Uthappa
Dravid
Ganguly
Y. Singh
Dhoni
Pathan
Khan
H. Singh
R P Singh
Sreesanth

I'm no expert on Indian cricket but that would be the team for me.

speedy

Cricket Spectator
dhoni, badrinath, gambhir, uthappa, karthik, i pathan, yuvi, rp singh, sree, vrv singh (is he injured?), bhajji/chawla

gambhir and karthik to open followed by yuvi, badrinath, uthappa and dhoni

then pathan, followed by our bowlers.

Only thing is india need a BOWLER who can BAT rather than a batsman who can bowl. Eg. flintoff, kallis etc... All rounders can make or break a game.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some people's opinions continue to amaze me. Especially leaving Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid out of your side. Pretty much just handing the game to the opposition.

Should probably be discussing this in the Official Tour thread BTW.

speedy

Cricket Spectator
Some people's opinions continue to amaze me. Especially leaving Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid out of your side. Pretty much just handing the game to the opposition.
They are all 'has been(s)' if we don't experiment with new young players how are we meant to groom the next tendulkar, dravid or ganguly?

Watching tendulkar against england this summer was so saddening - he is well past his peak and needs to retire.

And I once thought what would India do without sachin....

Perm

Watching tendulkar against england this summer was so saddening - he is well past his peak and needs to retire.
8-)

Sachin was in good touch against England, umpiring decisions are what prevented him from reaching a century during that tour.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Tendulkar was brilliant in England for mine, in the 7 OD's he played he was the second highest run getter with 374 runs @ 53.42, which included four knocks over 50. I must also mention that he was not the luckiest person in that series too.

Perm

They are all 'has been(s)' if we don't experiment with new young players how are we meant to groom the next tendulkar, dravid or ganguly?

And I once thought what would India do without sachin....
Also, for you to label Rahul Dravid as a 'has been', well, I think it goes a long way towards determining how much respect other members will give you.

mattyman

Cricket Spectator
the team should be:

ganguly
uthappa
gambhir
tendulkar
yuvraj singh
dhoni
pathan
khan
RP singh
sreesanth
chawla

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Tendulkar and Ganguly should just open with Gambhir at 3, yuvraj at 4 and Uthappa and Dhoni to follow.

JerseyGuy

Why is half the side rotated?

Tendulkar
Uthappa
Dravid
Ganguly
Y. Singh
Dhoni
Pathan
Khan
H. Singh
R P Singh
Sreesanth

I'm no expert on Indian cricket but that would be the team for me.
Well given the amount of cricket they play these days and injuries, they have to build a good pool. Youngsters have to be given chance more often ...this will help to slowly phase out the seniors.
:)

Saurav Ganguly
Sachin Tendulkar
Gautam Gambhir
Robin Uthappa
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
+MS Dhoni*
Ramesh Powar/Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Harbhajan Singh
RP Singh