• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imran Khan vs Keith Miller

Who do u think was a better allrounder,Imran Khan or Keith Miller?

• Total voters
Despite the fact that they're both statistical replicas of each other,Imran has to be placed just above Miller when comparing them as allrounders.As bowlers,I think its a no contest as Imran is miles ahead of Miller.Imran played just around 68 matches as a bowler & took 5.4 wickets/match while Miller took just 3.0 wickets/match.Imran not only has a much better strike rate but also many times more five fors & 10 wicket hauls.Imran would almost make everyone's top 10 bowlers ever but Miller would struggle to find a plance in top 30 even.As a batsman,Miller was surely better than Imran but difference was not as much as some people here try to make.They had pretty similar batting averages but Miller has one more hundred despite playing 33 less games but I think it was due to the reason that Imran played as just a bowler for 5 years after becoming a regular in the team.Imran has more fifties than Miller though.And Imran Khan's batting is also cricticized for having 25 not outs out of 126 test innings played(1/5th).I think it also goes in Imran's favour as its not like he was a tailender & it was easy for him to achieve that,it rather shows his commitment with batting,ability to saty at the wicket & capability to form useful partnerships with tailenders.

Also,Imran Khan's average of 52 with the bat & 20 with the ball in last 50 tests of his career is the greatest peak of an allrounder ever.Imran also had the burden of captaincy on his shoulders.These are the reason why I think Imran Khan was a better allrounder than Keith Miller.

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
Miller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Imran

and then some.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Miller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Imran

and then some.
How did I know you were gonna post that?

Engle

State Vice-Captain

and then some.
How did you arrive at that many ' > ' ?

I sure hope some one does not refute that by typing in a greater number of ' > ' for Imran

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Miller. The one that was actually more 'all-rounder' and performed more consistantly as both. Figures-wise, they're close with one a bit better at batting and the other a bit better at bowling. If you had asked me this question maybe a couple months ago I would have said Imran, but reading more about Miller has compelled me to consider him the better all-rounder.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Imran has more fisties than Miller though.
***LOWBROW ALERT***

I knew the man had a way with the ladies, but damn...

They keep stats for EVERYTHING nowadays.

I think it speaks volumes as to my character that THIS gave me my biggest laugh of the day.

"What do you do on not-so-special occasions? Hit 'em in the head with a f-ing bat?" Ten points for anyone that gets that obscure reference.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
A good match-up, they are the only 2 AR who avg over 35 with the bat and under 25 with the ball.

Top 3 reasons why Imran > Miller

1. He played against tougher opposition

2. He played for a weaker team

3. He had the greater burden to shoulder

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Miller has one of the best quotes of all time though: "Pressure, I’ll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmidt up your arse, playing cricket is not."

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
A good match-up, they are the only 2 AR who avg over 35 with the bat and under 25 with the ball.

Top 3 reasons why Imran > Miller

1. He played against tougher opposition

2. He played for a weaker team

3. He had the greater burden to shoulder
Although those are hardly concrete reasons...

1) Miller did better against the best opposition
2) Pakistan were not a weak team
3) Hardly matters, otherwise the great Aussie or Windies players would never compare well.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
One thing I think stands out for Imran though is his Captaincy, his leadership.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
2) Pakistan were not a weak team
3) Hardly matters, otherwise the great Aussie or Windies players would never compare well.
Yeah I have never been able to figure out how Imran was part of a weaker team esp when he had guys like Miandad, Zaheer, Sarfaraz, Qadir, Akram, Malik and above all he himself.

Also I dont know what burden he is talkinag about, was he(Imran) also working as Gardener for PCB or what ?

Yeah I have never been able to figure out how Imran was part of a weaker team esp when he had guys like Miandad, Zaheer, Sarfaraz, Qadir, Akram, Malik and above all he himself.

Also I dont know what burden he is talkinag about, was he(Imran) also working as Gardener for PCB or what ?
Burden of captaincy & also Imran was the only quality bowler Pakistan had after the reirement of Fazal Mahmood until Wasim Akram came along,Sarfaraz Nawaz,Iqbal Qasim,Abdul Qadir etc were mediocore bowlers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Miller for mine.

No question Miller was the better batsman to me, and while Imran was almost certainly a better bowler it couldn't have been by a hell of a lot.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Burden of captaincy & also Imran was the only quality bowler Pakistan had after the reirement of Fazal Mahmood until Wasim Akram came along,Sarfaraz Nawaz,Iqbal Qasim,Abdul Qadir etc were mediocore bowlers.
Some people enjoy captaincy and excel in that role, Imran was one of them. His cricketing acumen grew by leaps and bounds and it can hardly be called a Burden. He flourished as a cricketer after getting the captaincy. Wasim Played in close to 40 tests under Imran out of 48.

And Sarfaraz, Qadir, Qasim etc were not mediocre bowlers defiantely not in Pakistan.

Beleg

International Regular
Bhupinder Sahab,

I hate neither you nor yer idol.

You can definitely come up with better arguements though.