• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

calling all New Zealanders here

indian_nz

Cricket Spectator
Hi there

I have been talking with John Fellet CEO of SKYTV about them broadcasting the India vs Pakistan series on Skytv because I would like to see more cricket on TV especially series like the above which really would be great to watch. John said that if he gets enough support for the Idea Sky might by the rights to broadcast.

Please email him at jfellet@skytv.co.nz and show your support.

Many thanks!
Rahul

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't mind watching that series, but I'm a bit loathed to 'cold call' the people at Sky TV when I deal with them on a regular basis at work.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmm I'm not sure on the population size of Indians/Pakistanis in NZ but one imagines they didn't buy the rights because the market demand did not justify paying the asking price.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hi there

I have been talking with John Fellet CEO of SKYTV about them broadcasting the India vs Pakistan series on Skytv because I would like to see more cricket on TV especially series like the above which really would be great to watch. John said that if he gets enough support for the Idea Sky might by the rights to broadcast.

Please email him at jfellet@skytv.co.nz and show your support.

Many thanks!
Rahul
Yes, I can see why the CEO would need emails from fans in order to do something he wants to do already with his company...

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hmmm......I didn't know India/ Pak series is taken this seriously by kiwis. That is definitely surprising!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India vs Pakistan should be taken seriously by anyone calling themselves a true cricket fan AFAIC.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
nah it wont be taken seriously in NZ unfortunatly, i would love to see it, There was talk of a cricket channel which frankly would be more useful than a rugby channel with more live games. But thats not going to happen because this country will alway support their rugby side which came 5th in the recent world cup.

Atleast we get the aussie test cricket,

indian_nz

Cricket Spectator
Yes, I can see why the CEO would need emails from fans in order to do something he wants to do already with his company...
because he is not the one who decides, the decision is up to the person incharge of sports. Public opinion goes a long way to decide what we want. Look at the requests of having Channel 9 commentary for the Warriors and also last year SkyTV showing the South African summer series when I emailed him. Also when I emailed John Fellet last year about getting a dedicated Indian channel and now we have channel 315. You can never underestimate what you can do. So please just email him.

Thanks

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
because he is not the one who decides, the decision is up to the person incharge of sports. Public opinion goes a long way to decide what we want. Look at the requests of having Channel 9 commentary for the Warriors and also last year SkyTV showing the South African summer series when I emailed him. Also when I emailed John Fellet last year about getting a dedicated Indian channel and now we have channel 315. You can never underestimate what you can do. So please just email him.

Thanks
I sent an E mail to the folks at Sky not too long ago suggesting they start a "CRICKET" Channel much like their "RUGBY " Channel....but the woman who repled said they are happy to keep broadcasting Golf all hours of the day even if it meant only 50 kiwis watched it:@ ...because it comes to them darn cheap....:ph34r:

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
yea i asked that a while back with pretty much the same answer, you would think that they'd get the hint that its something a lot of people want