• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hi im new here my fav players are justin langer matthew hayden

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andrew that was just a conincidence that most of my favourite players happen to come from the ACT :P

yohanna

Banned
My Fav players are,

Pak---- Yohanna
Ind----Tendulkar
Aus---- Gilchrist, Steven Waugh
Eng---- Anderson,Vaughan
WI-----Lara,Samuel,Lawson
NZ----Cairns
SL----Attapatu
SA--Kallis, Gibbs, Donald & late H Cronje

Top_Cat

My favourite players:

Pak---- Inzi, Shoaib Akhtar, Waqar Younis, Hasan Raza.
Ind----Sachin, Laxman, Harby.
Aus---- Adam Gilchrist, Damien Martyn, Glenn McGrath
Eng---- Alec Stewart, Andrew Caddick, Nick Knight
WI-----Brian Lara
NZ----Chris Cairns, Daniel Vettori, Nathan Astle
SL----Sanath Jayasuriya, Romesh Kaluwitharana, Muttiah Muralitharan.
SA--Jacques Kallis, Lance Klusener, Jonty Rhodes, Herschelle Gibbs, Shaun Pollock.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Being a leftie...my favorite bowlers are Phil Tufnell and Daniel Vettori :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rik said:
Who on earth is Naidu? I know we had this problem before but...who is he? :yawn:
Balaji, I think (now at Free State in WCC :))

My favourites:
Australia - Shane Warne
S.Africa - Jonty Rhodes
England - Marcus Trescothick, Ian Blackwell
India - Virender Sehwag, Parthiv Patel (for being little)
Pakistan - Shahid Afridi (when he gets going...), Saqlain Mushtaq
New Zealand - Jacob Oram
West Indies - Sarwan, Samuels, Gayle, Lawson
Sri Lanka - Sanath Jayasuriya
Zimbabwe - Andy Flower, Douglas Marillier
Bangladesh - Alok Kapali
Kenya - Steve Tikolo
Namibia - Bjorn Kotze
Holland - Edgar Schiferli or Jacob-Jan Esmeijer
Canada - er... Ashish Bagai

yohanna

Banned
Why do people like Afridi?? He's such a pain, i can't imagine Afridi opening the innings against Australia, it would be a complete disaster.

Klusener was one player i really liked, but he seems to be fading quickly.

And who is Balaiji??

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
My favourites:

India - Tendulkar, Dravid
Australia - Hayden, Ponting, McGrath
South Africa - Kallis, Gibbs, Pollock
West Indies - Lara, Hooper, Gayle
New Zealand - Cairns, Astle
Pakistan - Ul-Haq, Akram, Younis
England - Vaughan, Trescothick
Sri Lanka - Murali, Jayasuriya in form
Zimbabwe - A. Flower

Langeveldt

Soutie
yohanna said:
Why do people like Afridi?? He's such a pain, i can't imagine Afridi opening the innings against Australia, it would be a complete disaster.

Klusener was one player i really liked, but he seems to be fading quickly.

And who is Balaiji??

Balaji is an all rounder who plays for India, (RHB RM)made his debut a couple of months ago, maybe someone more informed could give us some better info......

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wasn't aware he could bowl...

He was hyped up big style (by certain forum members) before making his début for India in the ODI series against the West Indies. He then bowled 4 overs for 44, was taken off, and dropped.

And AFAIK, he's medium-fast. Fast as far as Indian bowlers go...

Mr Mxyzptlk

To be fair, he didn't bowl that badly but Gayle and Hinds were in imperious form. Give him a chance, he's young yet.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
England - Trescothick, Vaughan, Blackwell (County - Bulbeck!!:D)
Aus - Lee, Gilchrist, Hayden
SA - Kallis
NZ - Astle
India - Sehwag (the other Tendulkar)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Aus- Umm..can't think of anyone.
Eng- Vaughan (I'm a new convert), Treco, Hussain
WI- Sarwan, Gale, Samuels, Lara, Adams (yes JC Adams)
Zim- A Flower
Canada- D Joseph (very good bowler)
SA- Kallis, Rhodes (can't help but like him)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Jonty inspired me to dive for everything in the field...and sheesh it works :D

Afridi has to be one of the best sights when he gets going, remember that 95 against Lancashire?

I also really like Mahela Jayawardene, very good batsman.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
To be fair, he didn't bowl that badly but Gayle and Hinds were in imperious form. Give him a chance, he's young yet.
Yup and he has been performing consistently this year in Ranji Trophy. He is not as good as choora said but he is pretty good. Really looking forward to the series in WI. I heard that there was a match against Barbados yesterday but heard nothing about it on CrciInfo.

Bazza

International 12th Man
My favourite players from back in the day were the big 4 (Atherton for his grit and determination, Stewart for his positive and exciting batting, Hussain who I think many people sell short as a batsman and Thorpe who IMO was Englands best batsman from the mid 90s until about 2001/02), and also Goughie of course! He was always very exciting to watch, makes things happen etc.

I always wanted Graeme Hick to succeed at international level and whenever he got a recall I would cross my fingers for him but it just didn't work out. :(

From overseas I admire Lara, Tendulkar and Jayawardene as excellent bastmen and McGrath and Pollock as bowlers, though I think Ambrose and Walsh were the best I've seen in my time.

Jonty Rhodes in the field, well there's nothing you can say about him that hasn't been said already.

And finally Warne who did something different and unfashionable and made it popular. That ball to Gatting doesn't get shown enough and I still can't work out what happened. Bet Gatts can't either! The guy is a genius and a legend plain and simple.