• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your most embarrassing cricketing moment?

bond21

Banned
Post your most embarrassing cricketing moment ie leaving a ball onto middle stump, hit for 20 runs in an over etc.

I cant think of one myself.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Being hit so far we lost 3 balls in one over and being out clean bowled first ball by attempting to sweep one off my middle stump, on my senior debut.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wasn't me and it was playing indoor cricket, but a guy hit a girl straight in the face knocking her down and out. (Got one run if I remember correctly).

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Once some boys got impressed by my batting and made the mistake of making me the captain of their team , and when we were batting, we got a in real trouble (2/3 quick wickets fall) and I came to bat (they were relyng on me big time) lol and dont ask what happend. I got out cheaply on the first ball. Just tried to play like Afridi and this happend

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Once some boys got impressed by my batting and made the mistake of making me the captain of their team , and when we were batting, we got a in real trouble (2/3 quick wickets fall) and I came to bat (they were relyng on me big time) lol and dont ask what happend. I got out cheaply on the first ball. Just tried to play like Afridi and this happend
Haha :laugh:.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I left one and it hit off stump, I was the no.10 batsman and was on about 15 at the time. We lost by 17.

I also lost a ball in the sun while fielding at deep square leg, as I was walking backwards yelling 'I can't see it, I can't see it' the guy at deep mid-wicket ran around and dived to catch it about two metres from my feet. In doing so he hurt his ribs and couldn't bat. On the upside, I got to bat and got 18*, possibly my highest rep score!

bond21

Banned
I have another hilarious one about one of my team mates.

Hes batting about number 7, he goes out and our senior batsman at the other end tells him to stay in and form a partnership because we lost a few quick wickets.

First ball he leaves a ball that hits middle stump and walks off.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chronologically...
  • Dropping a catch at square leg, losing my footing and ending up on my arse and knocking my glasses off, 1999
  • Top edging the ball into my face attempting a pull shot and breaking a tooth, 1999
  • Averaging 0.80 with the bat, summer of 1999
  • 1-0-22-0, Caistor Town U17 v Grimsby Town U17, 2002
  • 3-0-49-0, Exeter CC v Lustleigh CC, 2004
  • Losing balance and doing a forward roll across the outfield while chasing the ball, Exeter University IV v Canford School I, 2004
  • Third victim of a hat trick, Exeter CC v Exeter St James CC, 2005
  • Bowled off stump leaving an inswinger, Exeter CC v Roborough CC, 2006
  • Stopping the ball inches inside the boundary, forward rolling forwards and putting my head through a fence, Exeter CC v Feniton CC, 2006
  • Being caught at fourth slip for a golden duck, batting at #11 with two balls to play out for a draw, Thorverton II v Honiton II, 2007

Think that's pretty much it for now.

mattyman

Cricket Spectator
dropping an easy catch at slip and then next over when i was bowling i dropped another one which got hit straight at me
i ended up going for 18 in that over:@

Mister Wright

I was keeping for my team in our grand final and I dropped about 5 catches, most of them sitters. Worst cricketing day ever. Felt so bad.

HeathDavisSpeed

Wasn't me and it was playing indoor cricket, but a guy hit a girl straight in the face knocking her down and out. (Got one run if I remember correctly).
Seen it happen in outdoor cricket. I was batting at the non-strikers end, trying desperately to survive whilst our number 3 was batting away at the other end. The spinners are on and our number 3 cracks the ball right back at the bowler... and he middled it. The bowler puts his hands up to catch it, but didn't react in time. The ball smacked straight into his nose. It was obliterated. Bits of nose and loads of blood everywhere. Absolutely sickening... not embarrassing though. The guy had to be carried off and driven to hospital. The oppo were down to 9 players and we managed to win the game.

Purple_Forg

Cricket Spectator
fielding at silly point, the batsman top edges a sweep shot, goes right up in the air. I shout confidently 'mine!' and i lose the ball in the sun, and i end up ducking for cover. that batsman ends up hitting the winning runs.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably falling on my face during my follow through, but it happened quite a lot for me when I was younger.

bond21

Banned
another one i know of -

Our club's U17 wicketkeeper dropped a sitter in the grand final, the guy was on 0, he ended up making a century and winning the match.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Was batting in juniors, we were doing rather well. I'd been having a poor season with the bat and was looking to get some runs. bowler is a medium pacer, part timer, and he bowls the slowest bounce i've ever seen..didn't even get past my shoulders...I take a massive heave at it, putting so much energy into the shot that i spin around almost 360. Which in turn gave me a perfect view to watch the ball hit middle stump. You always know you've gotten out to a bowler you shouldn't have when the fielders start pissing themselves laughing in celebration.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Prob 3 for different reasons.

The first one was when I drove the ball to long off, sprinted the first run, got low to stretch and turn, the other batman shouted 'No!'. As I turned and stretched to get back, the throw was coming back in and hit me flush on the eyebrow. Split pretty bad and blackened the eye. Tried to bat on but wasnt allowed but was in the nightclub later that night :)

2nd was my first game for the County Juniors. The was a short boundary on one corner of the field. I steamed in to bowl my first ever ball at his level. I dropped it short the batsman got into a mess playing the hook and the ball sailed over the boundary for 6 from a top edged hook. It went very fine and was certainly a moral victory but hard to see it as that when its your first ball at that level.

3rd was this season. Got out needing one to win. Didnt trust the No.11 to face the quick in the next over. The field was in and I decided to loft the left arm spinner over the top for an easy victory. Drove the ****er straight to extra cover. Sat on the field for a few mins after that loss.

DJellett

International Debutant
Was batting in juniors, we were doing rather well. I'd been having a poor season with the bat and was looking to get some runs. bowler is a medium pacer, part timer, and he bowls the slowest bounce i've ever seen..didn't even get past my shoulders...I take a massive heave at it, putting so much energy into the shot that i spin around almost 360. Which in turn gave me a perfect view to watch the ball hit middle stump. You always know you've gotten out to a bowler you shouldn't have when the fielders start pissing themselves laughing in celebration.
how about that FOUR ducks in one match?