• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your most embarrassing cricketing moment?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
1) We needed to win to make the finals campaign, and we had twelve runs to get in the last two overs. Got out for a 2 off 7 or something ridiculous and we lost. Cried tbh.

2) Collided with a fielder, but he was a tank and held the catch. Looked funny though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Mistimed loft by batsman. I ran in from mid-off, misjudged the flight as the wind pushed the ball back, took my eyes off the ball, and the ball hit my fingertips and dropped behind me,

2. Fielding at short leg in a net session when I was about 13 and arrogant enough not to wear a helmet. Admittedly it was the tanned incarnation of Chris Martin at bat, but it was still quite stupid. Anyway, he went for a mighty slog and missed the ball to be bowled, but the bat slipped out of his hand and smacked me in the chin. Quite proud that I didn't cry, but it hurt a fair bit. Had a scar for years.

3. Again fielding at short leg. Batsman smacked the ball into the nether regions and luckily I put my hands down to collect it, but the force smacked them into said regions. Collapsed to the ground amidst the laughter. At least I held onto the ball for the dismissal. And I didn't cry.

4. I'd just dirtied my trousers taking an, admittedly, fantastic return catch, then had a good laugh at the bowler at the other end when he dropped a sitter off his bowling. Was at square leg at the time and the very next ball the batsman essayed a pull shot and the ball looped up for THE simplest of chances. I settled under it and decided to try to poach it casually low with fingers upward. Dropped the sitter.

5. Opened the batting in a Twenty20 game and started with a couple of lofted drives over a left-arm seamer's head (I'm right-handed). Followed up with two paddle sweeps off the same bowler and had 20odd into the third over. He bowled one on offstump and I reverse-swept it for a boundary. He bowled another one in the same spot and I tried to reverse-sweep again. I somehow bottom-edged the ball onto middle-stump as I played WAAAY too early. It was more embarrassing because we were chasing a really small total and ended up losing.

Don't quite remember this one exactly, but it went something like this...
6. At the non-striker's end when my partner hit a ball to point. I scrambled down for a single with a tense run chase going, and he had run halfway down the pitch before turning around for his crease. We both ended up grounding our bats at the striker's end as the bails were dislodged. In a panic we both turned around and sprinted to the other end where the bails were dislodged too as we both slid in at the same time. The umpires were royally confused and eventually asked which of us would take the dismissal. I walked in shame.

That last one has happened to me thrice, or rather similar incidents.

khyber

Cricket Spectator
R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi, was this the 16yr old kid who was killed a couple years ago in a car crash in Hayward, California, USA.

Craig

World Traveller
Making five ducks.

I'm even worse then Neil. Chris Martin is Bradman compared to me.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Playing against Endeavour Sports High, near Sydney. Was fielding at a wide Mid On-ish type position and 3rd Man i managed to have 4 misfields in 5 overs. I'm usually a solid fielder, but tbh, i don't really know what was happening that day. Got subbed off quite soon after that.

cover drive man

International Captain
First ever match. Last few overs the captain gives me a bowl to see what I'm like bowl brilliantly and get a wicket in the second over. Asks me what I'm like with the bat say I'm better with the bat than I am with the ball (Which I usually am) So he puts me at opener what do I do get bowled and score 0. Players were understanding though. :)

nato

Cricket Spectator
I have a couple to share...

1) Inside edging a ball into the Scrotal area. It split the protector with enough force that it pushed it over 1 of my errr.... well i have 2 of them :). Luckily for me when i went down like a sack of potatoes i bounced off my pads when they hit the ground, and the whole entanglement unpinched itself. Ok, so where is the embarrassing part in all of this? Well that was 2 days later when i had my balls in the doctors hands while he was feeling me up :(. What a horrible horrible moment in my life.

2) Batting. I had a few drinks the night before this game. I wasnt in a good way come kickoff time. We batted first and i was #4. I asked to be put down the order which i was, to #11. Wickets are falling at a rapid rate and i get in, the words were "Try to hold it in, dont spew on the wicket and let me take the strike". So i get in, 1st ball is a full toss. I edge it past 2nd slip for 4. 2nd ball is a full toss going down leg. I leading edge it over gully for 4 more. At this point im wondering why i dont drink more before matches as my strike rate has never been better. Next ball im seeing them like golf balls and i smash 1 out of the middle to a deep point on the boundary. Now i ran 22 yards, no hesitations or anything.... i was run out by about a metre at the bowlers end. I thought i was going as quick as the wind. That was pretty embarrassing....

3) Bowling. 2 occasions. 1st one was in the match above. I was trying to 'sweat' it out. I come onto bowl first change and for some reason couldnt get my length right. I kept bowling full tosses to this guy that was built like Hulk Hogan. He hit every one of them for 6. 2 overs cost me 48 runs, yep... 8 full tosses....all for 6. Luckily i was only a medium pacer so the umpire didnt call them a no ball.

2nd occasion was not as embarrassing but i needed to say it to perk myself up a bit hehe. I had match figures of 9/9. 6/9 in the first innings and then 3/0 in the 2nd. Last over of the day and i was going to get my '10for'. The result.... I was swinging balls a couple of feet, and the batsman kept nicking them. I finished with match figures of 9/33 :(

Fielding 1 sticks out. I was chasing a skier, running after it thinking ive got this one covered. I get to about 10 metres from it and my pants fall down. I tripped, went arse over tit and didnt even touch the ball :(.

Unspinable

Cricket Spectator
It wasnt embarresing to me but a batsmen thought he would be tricky and take a left handed stance even though he was right handed and as i came in to bowl i let him have what i thought would be a cut shot but as he changed stance to a right hander he hooked it

....... but got a top edge and was out

Hussey234

Cricket Spectator
Probably falling on my face during my follow through, but it happened quite a lot for me when I was younger.
I Once saw Notts AJ Harris do that

I Don't know if this counts as embarrassing but i once got bowled and the bails didn't fall off' I was given not out