• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20 - Twenty Game (India vs Australia)

ivenms

Cricket Spectator
Here going to start a big war on the Mumbai stadium after some minutes. The Champions of One day Cricket vs the Champions of 20 -20.

You can expect a wonderful match today..

More than that, there are lot of conflicts going around the matches between two teams. So this is the best place to prove them, who is the best??

So both of the team try to utilizes this opportunity to prove others about them. So you can see a great match in the history of 20 20 cricket.

You can express your thoughts about the match....

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Here going to start a big war on the Mumbai stadium after some minutes. The Champions of One day Cricket vs the Champions of 20 -20.

You can expect a wonderful match today..

More than that, there are lot of conflicts going around the matches between two teams. So this is the best place to prove them, who is the best??

So both of the team try to utilizes this opportunity to prove others about them. So you can see a great match in the history of 20 20 cricket.

You can express your thoughts about the match....
I think you are reading too much into it.

ivenms

Cricket Spectator
This is the hottest talk now on cricket world. Watch the match from now...

Am waiting for it... :)

It will start after little more minutes.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
The only thing I can see in twenty20 cricket is big sweeps and then Bowled!
Thats just the image I have in my mind about it, if it wasn't 11:30pm I would read the commentary on cric info.
It all just is too fastward for me

ivenms

Cricket Spectator
I can't agree you...

Now the new format is a big success and every one enjoying the new format.. :)

All other formats are very boring and lengthy.

By the way, India win the 20 - 20 Match easily.. :)

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
...the paying spectator decides that for himself .

Back in 1978, Packer and the start of the ODI's , was dismissed by the staid cricketing hierarchy as "pay-per-view cricket played under floodlights by tubby guys in colored pyjamas. And a white ball. "

Now almost 30 years down the line, ODI's seems to be acceptable after all and we call Packer a revolutionary .

I am not sure about you guys, but for my lifestyle this works out well. College, studies, live-in girlfriend, part-time job, etc I cannot spend the whole day watching cricket and 5 days is a luxury I dont have honestly. I am aware that you guys are experts in the game and i pick up more about the game here on this site. But I am a guy just scrotum-deep into cricket and I rather get my cricket-fix done with quickly and be buried scrotum-deep 'elsewhere' :naughty:

So come on guys discuss, fight, argue 20-20 also will ya . Stop behaving like the MCC back in 1978.

ivenms

Cricket Spectator
You are very correct. If you want to globalize cricket, then this is the only format which fits to every people around the world.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
...the paying spectator decides that for himself .

Back in 1978, Packer and the start of the ODI's , was dismissed by the staid cricketing hierarchy as "pay-per-view cricket played under floodlights by tubby guys in colored pyjamas. And a white ball. "

Now almost 30 years down the line, ODI's seems to be acceptable after all and we call Packer a revolutionary .
Well, some of us do - some realise he was nothing more than a typical rich-man-trying-to-get-richer and acting purely with his own interests in mind.

What's more, Packer certainly didn't invent one-day cricket - the first game was played in 1963, 14 years before his schism.

archie mac

International Coach
You are very correct. If you want to globalize cricket, then this is the only format which fits to every people around the world.
Globalise cricket? Never interested me tbh

Can we please have a seperate forum for 20/20 talk, it is crap:@ :@ :@

archie mac

International Coach
Well, some of us do - some realise he was nothing more than a typical rich-man-trying-to-get-richer and acting purely with his own interests in mind.
I can't remember anyone on this forum saying anything else? No matter the reason it was good for cricket:)

archie mac

International Coach
will somebody please explain why 20/20 is "crap" .
Because it is a bastardisation of the greatest of all games, because it takes all of the aesthetically beautiful strokes, and turns them into a 'six and out' slogathon, because it fundamentally changes the basic contest between bat and ball and reduces the bowler into a mere 'Merlin':@

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
in the last game, ponting scored 76 runs of 53 balls with 13 fours .
so 52 runs came of 13 deliveries.
so the remaining 24 runs were scored of 40 deliveries . so there have been some dot balls in there definetly.
if you had watched , you would have noticed he was not wind-milling but played perfect cricket shots .

Even Ian Chappel said that Yuvi's six sixers of Broad were perfect cricket shots, not slogs.
That was in the world cup anyway.

Yesterday Harbhajan's figures were 4-0-27-1 bowling to Hayden and Ponting at a crucial moment in the innings . One of the keys to India's victory was Harbhajan's this spell, so they say . He bowled intelligently and no he was not mauled.

So where is this rhetoric about aesthetics and crap about bowlers. Seems like cricket to me..

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
so the remaining 24 runs were scored of 40 deliveries . so there have been some dot balls in there definetly.
if you had watched , you would have noticed he was not wind-milling but played perfect cricket shots .

Even Ian Chappel said that Yuvi's six sixers of Broad were perfect cricket shots, not slogs.

Yesterday Harbhajan's figures were 4-0-27-1 bowling to Hayden and Ponting at a crucial moment in the innings . One of the keys to India's victory was Harbhajan's this spell, so they say . He bowled intelligently and no he was not mauled.

So where is this rhetoric about aesthetics and crap about bowlers. Seems like cricket to me..

archie mac

International Coach

I have watched three games, turned off during two, because it is slogging, so they play some cricket shots big deal, watch a Test match and you can watch hudrends of cricket shots:cool:

pup11

International Coach
T20 cricket has its own fans who obviously don't have the time to watch a 50 over or 450 over game and they are the one's who are jumping up and down and praising the game like its the best thing to happen to cricket.
I also enjoy watching it once in while but if T20 ever becomes the dominant format in international cricket overshadowing test and Odi cricket then i would certainly lose interest in the game.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Globalise cricket? Never interested me tbh

Can we please have a seperate forum for 20/20 talk, it is crap:@ :@ :@
:)

When I hear all this talk of globalisation and making the sport as popular as football it makes me laugh.

Every sport has its own following. Some are played in fewer countries some in more and some almost all over. No games are in competition with each other. Those who play rugby don want to copete with soccer. Those playing American football and its fans (theyare crazier than cricket fans ever can be believe me I have two sons and they are addicts in the short time they have been there) have no problem how many other countries are playing it.

This is some non-sense first propogated by ICC and picked up by fans who will pick up any issue without thinking for a moment.

Cricket has lots of issues it needs sorting and they need ICC's and the major board's urgent consideration but no one bothers about them. Globalisation is the mantra. Talk of globalistaion, bring in more affiliate members and divert attention from the real issues facing the game.

Trying to bring in new fans when the old one's are losing interest is not a solution. We need to understand what we need to do to keep our fans intact. This may need some changes but not converting the game into a completely new one.

Just listen to what the players are saying even when they are giving seemingly positive opinions about the shortest format of the game.

"You need to go there and try to have fun. If you dont take it too seriously, you will have fun and so will the spectators".

How much IQ do you need to read between those lines? Ask anyof the top players in the world and they will tell you test cricket is the real thing. Why ? Because it is the ultimate test of their skills. It is where they want to showcase their abilities and earn the appreciation of their peers and opponents.

Gambhir has already become the scorer of most fifties in T20 in the world - jointly with hayden - but yesterday when asked how it felt he said it feels good but his ultimate dream is to play regularly for India in test matches and perform there. Why ? Because he realises that his four fifties not withstanding this is NOT a real test of his capabilities.

The top players understand that and those who really follow the nuances of the game do to. But there are always going to be those who will prefer the quick sandwich and coke to a gourmet six course meal. Its for the game's authorities to decide whether they want this game of great skills to be reduced to a 'fast-food' version of it.

There are tournaments and even a world championship for the 'fast-chess' but no one thinks of it as the real thing.

Its completely wrong to think that those who are hankering for the longer verion are some sort of status-quoists wanting to live in the past. Not at all. The game has changed considerably over the last hundred and fifty years and has evolved. Some changes have been good some not so. But the basic structure and the skill-emphasis hasn't and shouldn't change.