• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fixtures

Haven't had any official squad announcements yet, but we've still got 3 weeks until the season kicks off. Charlie Shreck has announced he will play another season for Wellington, while Alex Gidman is joining Otago for this season. Both very good acquisitions.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Fixtures

Haven't had any official squad announcements yet, but we've still got 3 weeks until the season kicks off. Charlie Shreck has announced he will play another season for Wellington, while Alex Gidman is joining Otago for this season. Both very good acquisitions.

I think with a bit of research you might find that the contracted players have already been announced.

Can't wait for the season to start - go CD, though their bowling attack doesn't look as strong as previous years with international duty, illness and retirements being a factor

Perm

Well I can't find anything on cricinfo, under the New Zealand section.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Well I can't find anything on cricinfo, under the New Zealand section.
Well to save you searching I found it for your reference . . .

Auckland: Andre Adams, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Paul Hitchcock, David Houpapa, Richard Jones, Tim McIntosh, Rob Nicol, Mayu Pasupati, Lance Shaw, Daryl Tuffey *, Reece Young.

Canterbury: Todd Astle, Hamish Bennett, Leighton Burtt, Andrew Ellis, Chris Harris, Brandon Hiini, Johann Myburgh, Ben Rae, Iain Robertson, Amandeep Singh, Shanan Stewart, Kruger Van Wyk.

Central Districts: Geoff Barnett, Brendon Diamanti, Bevan Griggs, Greg Hay, Brent Hefford, Greg Hegglun, Peter Ingram, Tim Lythe, Dominic Rayner, Robbie Schaw, Ewen Thompson, Tim Weston.

Northern Districts: Graeme Aldridge, Brent Arnel, Daniel Flynn, Nick Horsley, James Marshall, Bruce Martin, Peter McGlashan, Mark Orchard, Tim Southee, BJ Watling, Brad Wilson, Joseph Yovich.

Otago: Craig Cumming, Derek de Boorder, Neil Broom, Shaun Haig, Mathew Harvie, Nathan McCullum, James McMillan, Warren McSkimming, Aaron Redmond, Bradley Scott, Greg Todd, Nic Turner.

Wellington: Matthew Bell, Dewayne Bowden, Michael Burns, Jeremy Dean, Grant Elliott, Kevin Forde, Chris Nevin, Iain O'Brien, Michael Parlane, Neal Parlane, Jesse Ryder, Luke Woodcock

Flem274*

123/5
I'm sure I saw that list posted in another thread on here somewhere. Spose thats where you found the list Sportychic?

Otago has such a gun bowling attack there. I expect them to do very well.

Central are really missing Mason, Hamilton and Oram for their bowling. Batting looks good though.

HeathDavisSpeed

Crap that Stu Mills has left to actually work. He was looking solid for Wellington last year. I was having a yarn with Nosser the other week and I don't think he's expecting much of Canty this year - losing Harris has gotta be a huge blow for them.

Personally, I don't think any of the teams are looking particularly strong this year - all the competitions are up for grabs methinks.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
I'm sure I saw that list posted in another thread on here somewhere. Spose thats where you found the list Sportychic?
Nope, got it off the Players Association website as I couldn't be bothered trawling through NZ Cricket's website and the individual Provinces websites.

CD's spin department looks alright though, with Lythe and Schaw. Not to sure on Diamanti though, I think he is only playing one form of the game this season as he has some type of illness.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Crap that Stu Mills has left to actually work. He was looking solid for Wellington last year. I was having a yarn with Nosser the other week and I don't think he's expecting much of Canty this year - losing Harris has gotta be a huge blow for them.

Personally, I don't think any of the teams are looking particularly strong this year - all the competitions are up for grabs methinks.

Not suprised that Mills is leaving to work, the pay for being a domestic New Zealand players is awful and mediocre compared to that of most other nations

HeathDavisSpeed

Not suprised that Mills is leaving to work, the pay for being a domestic New Zealand players is awful and mediocre compared to that of most other nations
No, I'm not surprised either; but it is a disappointment. A bit of a setback for Wellington as Nevin can't go on forever.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
True, definitely need to find some young talent fast in the Wellington team as I don't think Nevin, Bell or the Parlanes can go on forever

HeathDavisSpeed

True, definitely need to find some young talent fast in the Wellington team as I don't think Nevin, Bell or the Parlanes can go on forever
There's a few young-uns around, but they'd better be a great deal better than Sam Wotnot who opened for us a few times last year. Don't think I've seen such an average player in first class cricket in a long time.

I see Naenae did well on the weekend, Grant Elliott and Jesse mixing it up in an old fashioned thrashing of the oppo...

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Yeah, good win for Naenae over Easts, used to play for Naenae as a Junior (yep only girl in a boys team), it is such a good club.

HeathDavisSpeed

They always seemed like good guys when I played against them. Unfortunately, from what I hear, their Pearce Cup side can be a little 'over-the-top'. The club itself seems well run, and the lower tier teams put Naenae's 'reputation' to shame.

rowndz

Cricket Spectator
Skippy i feel has got good leadership skills, and has just got that little edge on most first class players! So his captincy wont be an issue, i guess we will have to wait and see, thats when i mite have a laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.