• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Media Spins (Better than Warne/Murali)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
To be fair, they do say this in the article: "I am not bothered, but I do respect Ian Chappell. I loved the way he played the game". But yea, it's dire sometimes what they do.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds - A Secular man of peace and tranquility.

"IF Andrew Symonds wasn't such a gentle fellow, India's Shanthakumaran Sreesanth's nose would probably be plastered all over his leering face....The Hindu and occasionally Christian bowler can thank all his gods that the secular Queenslander is a man of peace and tranquility....."

Wow , I mean Really WOW !!! How can media write this sort of rubbish is beyond me.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz, the Herald Sun is akin to the Post/ Daily News in NY if you're familiar with them.
I should have mentioned this earlier, this thread is not limited to Aussie media or one particular news report. Please dont feel that I am in any way trying to pick only on aussie media. Please feel free to bring any article from any cricket nation. If I will find it, I will definately bpost it here.

pasag

RTDAS
I should have mentioned this earlier, this thread is not limited to Aussie media or one particular news report. Please dont feel that I am in any way trying to pick only on aussie media. Please feel free to bring any article from any cricket nation. If I will find it, I will definately bpost it here.
Yeah I know mate. I've known you long enough to know you're not like that. Just saying it's the Herald Sun which = sensationalist crap and was why Dasa was laughing (I think). Many of their articles on all fields are like that if not worse.

Tbh, the fact that this is a low key series in India means there isn't alot of varied press coverage on it. It's all coming from the same one or two Aussie journalists over there, who haven't been doing a great job. I think if we have any drama or whatever during the Indian/SL tour here, you'll get alot more of a rounded view with alot more good with the bad (although they're catering to Australian readers and they'll always be slanted towards an Australian point of view more or less, esp in stuff like sport.)

bond21

Banned
Symonds is cool.

Sreesanth really cant pick his battles well.

the guy looks like 5"6 ro something and hes messing with the 2 biggest guys in international cricket...who would win that fight....

He actually bowled OK in the T20 world cup, now that hes gotten all agro hes bowling like crap.

Who's got more pull i wonder...Ian Chappell or Sreesanth....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tbh, the fact that this is a low key series in India means there isn't alot of varied press coverage on it. It's all coming from the same one or two Aussie journalists over there, who haven't been doing a great job. I think if we have any drama or whatever during the Indian/SL tour here, you'll get alot more of a rounded view with alot more good with the bad (although they're catering to Australian readers and they'll always be slanted towards an Australian point of view more or less, esp in stuff like sport.)
The racism angle has certainly meant more exposure to this series in the Australian media. Talking about the Australian media, there are a lot of biased journalism which occurs from Australia (not different from other countries) but there is some very good quality as well. Australia has provided some of the best literature and pieces to cricket over the years.

One thing separates Australian media from a lot of other cricket media around the world though btw - the intellegent way in which they can attack an opposing team when they tour the country. They are almost like a 12th man in the side playing for you - one of the many reasons why Australia is one of the toughest places to tour. For instance when India and Australia were having the battles in the Ganguly-Waugh periods, Ganguly was painted a villain by a lot of the Aussie media.

The Indian media stupidly went on with that when we should have been celebrating Ganguly and how India was shaping up. They kept reporting 'Aussie media said this, Aussie media said that.' You would get the feeling as if Ganguly was losing his battles versus Australia with the atmosphere which was created here. You wont find the Aussie media doing the same unless they want to.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Pratyush said:
The racism angle has certainly meant more exposure to this series in the Australian media
Yeah more exposure, heaps more, but it's all coming from the same few journalists on the ground there and not the heaps of different ones you'd see covering a home series. This is what I've noticed on this issue, the same few names (who they are escape me atm) popping up in this saga over and over again.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah more exposure, heaps more, but it's all coming from the same few journalists on the ground there and not the heaps of different ones you'd see covering a home series. This is what I've noticed on this issue, the same few names (who they are escape me atm) popping up in this saga over and over again.
Yeah, very true.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
An Interview with Ajit Agarkar :-

Media - Why is it that the contest against Australia often brings the best out of you?

AA - I don't know. I try and do the same against every other team I play. As I said, you want to do well in both forms of the game. And you want to do well against each team you play. I made my debut against Australia, the toughest team in the world, and that may be the reason! But my doing well against Australia, as you say, is nothing but a mere coincidence.

Australia has set the benchmark for most other teams over the last one decade or so now. It's always nice, it always gives you more satisfaction, when you perform against the best team in the world. Any other player will tell you the same. There're no different feelings. If you've some good performances against Australia, you always feel satisfied.

http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2007/oct/23agarkar.htm