• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Awful effort from Uganda. Handed 18 wides and still couldn't chase 166 against PNG.

Given the fixture list, winner of Afghanistan/PNG should make it, as should the winner of HK/Uganda.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Not a good day for East African cricket!

Hopefully this was an aberration from both Kenya and Uganda and they will both show improvement in the remaining matches of their respective series!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Halfway through day 4

Uga 180 vs HK (were 90/1 after 26...)
Arg 165 vs Cayman (bottom-dwellers)
PNG 93 vs Afghanistan

So Afghanistan likely to rack up some run rate and then hammer Caymans. PNG will fall down but could still make it if Hong Kong chase the target and PNG then beat Hong Kong. Uganda will probably beat Argentina again, so if they win against Hong Kong they're still in the race.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Intriguing finish to Uganda vs Hong Kong. 21 runs needed off 23 balls with four wickets in hand. Kamyuka took two wickets in his first over, but 7-3-11-0 since then. Zain Abbas, the top scorer for HK against Pakistan in the Asia Cup, is not out on 26, 32yo Hussain Butt made a half-century to rebuild.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Uganda win by a run! HK needed eight off nine, got a boundary, but Abbas was caught cutting to gully and the wicketkeeper, Atkinson, was lbw with two runs required off three balls to win.

That leaves us with

Afghanistan 6
Uganda 6
PNG 6
HK 4
Cayman 2
Argentina 0

The top two sides play the two bottom sides, so they should qualify for South Africa now. Best result imo. :)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Uganda win by a run! HK needed eight off nine, got a boundary, but Abbas was caught cutting to gully and the wicketkeeper, Atkinson, was lbw with two runs required off three balls to win.

That leaves us with

Afghanistan 6
Uganda 6
PNG 6
HK 4
Cayman 2
Argentina 0

The top two sides play the two bottom sides, so they should qualify for South Africa now. Best result imo. :)
Underwhelming from Argentina it seems though if only Ugandans or Afghans coud watch this at home.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Go Uganda!

They should hopefully build their net run rate well against Argentina tomorrow and go through.
Best result i think as well if the top 2 currently progress.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I think WCL tournaments deserve official thread. There were some wonderful matches which were better than South Africa V Australia & shouldn't go un-noticed. Guys pls start thinking out of the box, cricket won't survive with 9 test playing nations. Lets start encouraging others too... Moderators pls, I demand a official thread for every WCL Tournament here after.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No Nannes for the World Cup qualifier, he's going to the IPL.

Somewhat sad, but at the same time, it's a passport of convenience really.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think WCL tournaments deserve official thread. There were some wonderful matches which were better than South Africa V Australia & shouldn't go un-noticed. Guys pls start thinking out of the box, cricket won't survive with 9 test playing nations. Lets start encouraging others too... Moderators pls, I demand a official thread for every WCL Tournament here after.
Start opening them here and eventually someone will pick up the habit. That's how Kenya's ODI series get any coverage.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The phone rang last night for me to get involved with this from the Bulg POV.

Sep 7-12: ICC European Division 5 - Corfu, Greece
Participants - Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Sweden, Turkey

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

All new nations (to ECC tournaments - the Czechs played Austria a couple years back, MCC visited Estonia, Sweden played Norway 6-8 years back and has a reasonably thriving club team in Malmö playing in the Danish leagues) - apart from Greece, who should have been in division two but for a breach of eligibility rules (they imported a player from Australia iirc)

Will be decent weather too. 25-30 degrees at a guess. Just about finishing before the late September storms set in.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All new nations (to ECC tournaments - the Czechs played Austria a couple years back, MCC visited Estonia, Sweden played Norway 6-8 years back and has a reasonably thriving club team in Malmö playing in the Danish leagues) - apart from Greece, who should have been in division two but for a breach of eligibility rules (they imported a player from Australia iirc)

Will be decent weather too. 25-30 degrees at a guess. Just about finishing before the late September storms set in.
Bit tight if so: Joe Scuderi has been the mainstay of the Italian side for a few years now & he's not not Australian. Not to mention all your Johnstons, Brays & Langford-Smiths in the emerald green.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

What specifically will you be doing?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What specifically will you be doing?
Im meeting with them tomorrow. From the initial conversation it seems they want my to play and coach. I will not play because even if they can find a way to qualify me I still think I have more ambition that that and Im moving on soon enough. I cant really commit longterm to Bulgarian cricket.

If its to coach then I may do, though Im not willing to commit right now to going to the tournament.

If its to help run their prep sessions and coach then Ill certainly do that.

Basically I know they want me to play but I simply cant do that. Ill commit to getting them ready and see what happens. Anything I can do to help locally I will do.

No matter what the standard, its nice knowing you are the best cricketer in a country and you can help others and the game. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm fairly sure you can't play. The rules require something like having stayed in the country for the majority of each of the past four successive years.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm fairly sure you can't play. The rules require something like having stayed in the country for the majority of each of the past four successive years.
Yeah, I dont think its a realistic suggestion.

What is interesting with this expansion is how many divisions there can theoretically be in Europe in the future.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think one of the criteria is "a national of the country (as defined by that country)", so if the Bulgarians made Goughy a citizen he'd be ok.

Don't think it would queer him qualifying for anyone else either, necessarily. Playing for associates/affiliates doesn't debar players turning out for test nations (Joyce & Morgan both played for Ireland right up until they were eligible for us).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think one of the criteria is "a national of the country (as defined by that country)", so if the Bulgarians made Goughy a citizen he'd be ok.
I don't think it's either/or, but not entirely sure.

edit: so it is. Ah well, don't think Goughy's prepared to give up his US citizenship just to play a hitabout in Corfu.