• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair teams that can learn something from 2 innings cricket are already playing it. Theres no point these teams playing 2 innings cricket when they have so much more to learn in 50 over cricket. Remember, most u17 players in the UK have never played more than a 1 day game, yet they would run riot at the standard these acc teams play at. No need to teach them to run before they can walk.

From some of the feedback it seems the Chinese need to get their defensive stokes sorted out before they try and bat 2 days.:)
That does not mean absolutely nothing should be done. Perhaps the ICC should look into opening a second tier for the Inercontnental Cup or even regional 2/3 day cricket leagues for the top 5 cricket nations with a view to replacing the next one of the current Inetrcontinental Cup sides gains test status

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Im not totally against some sort of expansion, I think the cost could outweigh the gains with some of the lesser teams however.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I think a second division of the Intercontinental Cup would definitely benefit. It would certainly give the up coming teams such as Uganda and Afghanistan more exposure and a better chance when it comes to tournaments such as the WCQs. Again promotion and relegation should be in place.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I think a second division of the Intercontinental Cup would definitely benefit. It would certainly give the up coming teams such as Uganda and Afghanistan more exposure and a better chance when it comes to tournaments such as the WCQs. Again promotion and relegation should be in place.
I suggest no multi day cricket for teams like China as they will loose interest if directly u get them in such a slow game in the beginning stages. There can me Intercontinental Cup divided into 2 dividions for the Teams partispating in the WCQs:

Div 1:
1) Ireland
2) Kenya
3) Scotland
4) The Netherlands
5) Namibia
6) Canada

Div 2:
1) Bermuda
2) Denmark
3) UAE
4) Oman
5) Uganda
6) Afghanistan/Hong Kong

Promotion & Relegation System should also be in place for the second season.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Better would be a promotion and relegation system all the way through with promotion and relegation happening at the end of each FTP cycle. Bottom 2 teams from higher division play off against top 2 teams from the division below them.

So currently:

Test Division:
1. Australia
2. South Africa
3. India
4. Sri Lanka
5. England
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. New Zealand
9. Bangladesh

Inter Con Cup Div 1:
1. Zimbabwe
2. Ireland
3. Namibia
4. Kenya
5. Scotland
6. Netherlands
7. UAE
8. Canada
9. Bermuda

Inter Con Div 2:
1. Oman
2. Denmark
3. Uganda
4. Argentina
5. Afghanistan
6. Hong Kong
7. PNG
8. Cayman Islands
9. Italy

I'd have the bottom 2 places in Div 2 open to challenges from the top 2 teams playing in the in WCL not yet included so that in effect no team is untouchable and all teams still have a chance of working their way up.

Last edited:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Sounds ok, but you'd have to have some sort of playoff game between the bottom test team and the top ICC team, otherwise bangladesh would just go up and down like a yoyo for the first few years. That wouldnt help anyone

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Sounds ok, but you'd have to have some sort of playoff game between the bottom test team and the top ICC team, otherwise bangladesh would just go up and down like a yoyo for the first few years. That wouldnt help anyone
Thought Thats what I said:

Bottom 2 teams from higher division play off against top 2 teams from the division below them.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Pepsi WCL - Global Div 3, Argentina 2009:

Table:
Uganda
Argentina
Cayman Islands
Papua New Guinea
Afghanistan
Hong Kong

Fixtures:
January 24th:
Match 01: Argentina v Hong Kong, Hurlingham Club Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 02: Afghanistan v Uganda, St Albans Club, Corimayo, Buenos Aires
Match 03: Cayman Islands v PNG, Belgrano Athletic Club Ground, Buenos Aires

January 25th:
Match 04: Cayman Islands v Uganda, Hurlingham Club Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 05: Argentina v PNG, St Albans Club, Corimayo, Buenos Aires
Match 06: Afghanistan v Hong Kong, Belgrano Athletic Club Ground, Buenos Aires

January 26th:
Rest Day

January 27th:
Match 07: Argentina v Afghanistan, Hurlingham Club Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 08: Cayman Islands v Hong Kong, St Albans Club, Corimayo, Buenos Aires
Match 09: PNG v Uganda, Belgrano Athletic Club Ground, Buenos Aires

January 28th:
Match 10: Afghanistan v PNG, Hurlingham Club Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 12: Hong Kong v Uganda, St Albans Club, Corimayo, Buenos Aires
Match 13: Argentina v Cayman Islands, Belgrano Athletic Club Ground, Buenos Aires

January 29th:
Rest Day

January 30th:
Match 14: Hong Kong v PNG, Hurlingham Club Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 15: Afghanistan v Cayman Islands, St Albans Club, Corimayo, Buenos Aires
Match 16: Argentina v Uganda, Belgrano Athletic Club Ground, Buenos Aires

January 31st:
Match 17: 3rd Place Playoff - TBC v TBC, Hurlingham Club Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 18: 5th Place Playoff - TBC v TBC, St George's College Ground, Buenos Aires
Match 19: Final - TBC v TBC, Belgrano Athletic Club Ground, Buenos Aires

(Both Finalists Qualify For Pepsi WCL - World Cup Qualifiers, South Africa 2009)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Two of those look correct already

Cayman Islands 121 all out (37.0 overs)
Papua New Guinea 66-0 (8.0 overs)
Live Scorecard | Commentary

Latest Scores
Afghanistan v Uganda at Corimayo.
Toss: Uganda
Uganda 216-8 (50 overs)
Afghanistan Argentina v Hong Kong at Hurlingham.
Toss: Hong Kong
Argentina 102 (47.5 overs)
Hong Kong

Not sure on the Afghans, they usually struggle with high targets, but St Albans (Corimayo) is usually a decent pitch for batting (Argentina have made 244 against a Peter Trego-led attack here)

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Wat a game between Uganda & Afghanistan. The way Afghanistan fought back in their batting was tremandus... No prob guys one lose is always ok. Carefull for the matches ahead.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So Afghanistan win their first match... Both matches played by Afghans were great...

Current Standings:
1) Uganda
2) PNG
3) Hong Kong
4) Afghanistan
5) Argentina
6) Cayman Islands

Last edited:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Hope Uganda keep this up and win promotion.
A long way ahead, but it would really benefit the game in Africa if they could earn ODI status . A regular Kenya v Uganda series would definitely start to increase local interest in Kenya.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Hope Uganda keep this up and win promotion.
A long way ahead, but it would really benefit the game in Africa if they could earn ODI status . A regular Kenya v Uganda series would definitely start to increase local interest in Kenya.
Are they going to have the elite leagues again this season? I think they really need too. Exact same format as last season, except maybe put the two day games over two weekends as they do with grade cricket in Australia (I think they still do this with grade cricket).

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Are they going to have the elite leagues again this season? I think they really need too. Exact same format as last season, except maybe put the two day games over two weekends as they do with grade cricket in Australia (I think they still do this with grade cricket).
Yes - I'm pretty sure the plan is still to run them.
I think they could do far worse than invite Uganda to field a team as well.
Agree with the 2 weekend idea. Better than having the games restricted to 2 days only.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Yes - I'm pretty sure the plan is still to run them.
I think they could do far worse than invite Uganda to field a team as well.
Agree with the 2 weekend idea. Better than having the games restricted to 2 days only.
For sure. The Ugandans seem to have come a long way. Also have an equipment deal with a Sydney club I'm lead to believe.