• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Fulton

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I have just been reading a scorecard from a Manawatu v Horowhenua Kapiti game & in the Manawatu team alongside the likes of Sulzberger, Ingram, Griggs & Ross Taylor is a guy named David Fulton.

Do any of the English posters here know if David Fulton of Kent is playing district cricket here in NZ? He was batting at six & scored 64.

Rich2001

International Captain
It's a very high possiblity as Iam nearly certian he played in New Zealand in the off season, last season.

Must have got a taste for it, and I am guessing New Zealand would offer the most English type conditions...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that he's batting way down at six for Manawatu & yet he usually opens for Kent.

Im also surprised that Central Districts haven't picked him considering the success they got with Ben Smith over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That thread was about Peter Fulton who plays for Canterbury.
Or maybe there was a David Fulton thread aswell

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe he's just doing the overseas pro's job of letting young promising players bat ahead of him? Trevor Penny of Warwickshire is a very useful batsman and although he rarely plays 4D Cricket for Warwickshire any more (which is odd as his career average is just under 40) he plays for and coaches Mashonaland in Zimbabwe (where he was born) and bats down the order to let younger players gain experiance. That said he usually has to come in with the innings in trouble and save them :rolleyes:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt Fulton would get to bat too often though.

Manawatu have one of the best district line-ups in NZ because they are without Jacob Oram & Jesse Ryder at the moment.

If you throw those two in aswell as Ross Taylor, Glenn Sulzberger, Bevan Griggs & Jamie How then I wonder how many bats he'll get this season at 6.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I believe Penney had a one day contract last year - and with the likes of Wagh, Bell and Troughton it makes sense to not play him!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
I believe Penney had a one day contract last year - and with the likes of Wagh, Bell and Troughton it makes sense to not play him!
Yeah I know he did. He's a fine fielder and a useful OD batsman but without a OD Century. He actually played in a CC Game 2 years ago as wicket-keeper but he didn't shine, only scoring 1. It's quite a shame that there is no place for him in the CC Team as you can't really argue with an average of 39.57 from 157 FC Matches...

He was born in Zimbabwe but because he plays in England he is not qualified to play for Zimbabwe, and he's not qualified to play for England either...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, I think that he could fit in, but they were looking to the future, so only wanted to use him as a back-up in an emergency!