• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid

Precambrian

Banned
The Dravid Conundrum

One of the crucial factors for the recent Indian Middle order failings or the "Muddle Order" has been the indifferent form of one man who has been regarded as the Great Indian Wall, namely Rahul Dravid. Going through statistics, I think the slump of this great batsman has started since the SA series of late 2006,

Since 15 Dec 2006, the figures are as follows:

Code:
[B]Mat  	Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50[/B]
21 	39 	4 	1129 	129 	32.25 	2845 	39.68 	2 	5
Excluding Bangaldesh, the figures are even unflattering

Code:
19  	36  	4  	937  	111  	29.28  	2559  	36.61  	1  	4

Precambrian

Banned
Just one century and 4 50s in 36 innings is pathetic for this man's great standards. And has the time come for the man to call it quits?

Precambrian

Banned
One of the crucial factors for the recent Indian Middle order failings or the "Muddle Order" has been the indifferent form of one man who has been regarded as the Great Indian Wall, namely Rahul Dravid. Going through statistics, I think the slump of this great batsman has started since the SA series of late 2006,

Since 15 Dec 2006, the figures are as follows:

Code:
21 	39 	4 	1129 	129 	32.25 	2845 	39.68 	2 	5
Excluding Bangaldesh, the figures are even unflattering

Code:
19  	36  	4  	937  	111  	29.28  	2559  	36.61  	1  	4

Matt79

Global Moderator
Dravid's future

Given his form over the past two years, and especially in the just completed series, does he have one in the national team? If "yes", for how long if he can't turn it around?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Given his form over the past two years, and especially in the just completed series, does he have one in the national team? If "yes", for how long if he can't turn it around?
The rumours are that he will get picked for the England series.

Personally I'd drop him now.....I don't think India can be sentimental about this - he is one of India's all time greats no doubt but two years of underperformance cannot be ignored. He has looked terrible in his most two recent series.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Think he's finished TBH especially with all the talented young batsman coming through it will be hard to argue why he should be in ahead of someone like Badrinath or even maybe Sharma, Raina or Singh. Hope he retires rather than getting dropped by the selectors because a player of his greatness deserves to go out on his own terms.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I doubt he'll be dropped given the retirement of Ganguly. If Vijay had made a significant score we might have seen Dravid dropped to accomodate three openers I suppose but as it stands I think he'll be retained for England, as long as he gets a score in domestic cricket.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love him so much but it's over for him and has been for a while now. Badrinath and Gambhir in for him and Ganguly. Raina, Kaif, Sharma and Kohli waiting in reserve, we're stacked.

Precambrian

Banned
Love him so much but it's over for him and has been for a while now. Badrinath and Gambhir in for him and Ganguly. Raina, Kaif, Sharma and Kohli waiting in reserve, we're stacked.
I feel he should be given one more chance. One last chance.

Before that I want him to go and play in the Ranji to top up his batting form.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel he should be given one more chance. One last chance.

Before that I want him to go and play in the Ranji to top up his batting form.
I thought it was time to go before this series, now i'm completely convinced of it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Unfortunately, I do think this is time to go for him. Barring some stunning reversal of fortune in the Ranji Trophy, the series vs. England may be the time to bring in someone else.

It's so sad, he is our third best batsman of all time and probably, along with Kumble, the most selfless guy out there.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately, I do think this is time to go for him. Barring some stunning reversal of fortune in the Ranji Trophy, the series vs. England may be the time to bring in someone else.

It's so sad, he is our third best batsman of all time and probably, along with Kumble, the most selfless guy out there.
What do you mean "go" ? Why cant he just be dropped? Actually he should have been dropped much earlier. Why are we so reluctant to drop players and prefer to keep playing them though out of form and then want them to quit the game.