• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Gavaskar played Cricket Too ?

Btw - How many more months before you chuck this baby out of your avtaar ? ;)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeh awta. We need him back to his best. Pakistan series will be a good one for him? Btw is there any domestic cricket going on for Karnataka going on before the Pakistan series?

deira

Banned
End of Rahul Dravid?

I seriously think this is the end of the road for Rahul Dravid, his batting has been really poor through this series, infact for the last whole year. sooner or later he will be kicked out of the test side too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No, I don't think this is the end for him. He still has 1-2 years left I think, and shouldn't be dropped right now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Many lesser players have survived many worse spells.

I'm very confident Dravid is capable of emerging once again, though perhaps not for all that long this time, to be a Test batsman of the very highest class. On the other hand, he might have had his last great series in West Indies. Would be a something of a shame if so.

Where do India go next again?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If he had to play Australia in every test, then yeah it could be the end, but no he is a champion and will play well against other countries. He scored some decent scores this series btw.

Matt79

Global Moderator
He scored 93 and made a major contribution to India's win in Perth less than a week ago. Ridiculous to be calling for him to be dropped tbh...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Nah don't the its the end, he has been the backbone for Indian cricket for many years now and i reckon he has atleast another couple of years in him. Just a bad patch at this present time, will soon recover back to his best IMO.

masterblaster

International Captain
What a hasty thread. I think he has plenty more to offer India. Hopefully he recovers from his finger injury and is back in the Indian test team.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
He scored 93 and made a major contribution to India's win in Perth less than a week ago. Ridiculous to be calling for him to be dropped tbh...
I agree, i wish i could make that many runs in form let alone out of it. Shewag being in the side helps him at the moment as it takes alot of the pressure to score off him, he looked like he was starting to re-discover his form in Perth so i think he will be back at the top his game before too long.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I seriously think this is the end of the road for Rahul Dravid, his batting has been really poor through this series, infact for the last whole year. sooner or later he will be kicked out of the test side too.
Yes.....

... like it was the end of Sachin Tendulkar in 2006 :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tendulkar's comeback has been truly remarkable. Absolutely brilliant, hasn't been a success-story in cricket as pleasing as that for a long time, if ever.

sideshowtim

Banned
I didn't realise that Dravid was 35. I thought he was more around 32/33. I'm sure he'll be allowed to leave on his own terms as I don't think it'll be too far away.

Nishant

International 12th Man
No-way is this the end of Dravid...he's a great player TBH...a real champion...hopefully he'll recover frm the finger injury and be back in the indian set up again. BUt in all honesty, he probably has a maximum of 2yrs left in him now.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
People hastily forget that prior to this run of bad form, Dravid had one of the longest runs of great form. He has averaged at 39.63 or over from 1996 to 2006! His 2007 was not terrible either, with 606 at 35.64.

Very hasty thread.