• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's sad Aakash Chopra never got a chance opening in tests. Had he come 4-5 years later, he would have given India at least a few years of good service. He has also written a tour diary of sort of his exploits in Domestic cricket in a cricket season. He is a very good writer and I highly recommend the book.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid is finding new and innovative ways of getting out... bowled after hitting the ball off the middle of the bat FFS! :@

Teja.

Global Moderator
Think RD should get the NZ and Aus series and GTFO if he doesn't do anything in them.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wanted Dravid to retire after that SA tour too, but in hindsight it sends a shudder up my spine what would have happened in England a few months later if Dravid wasn't there. It was embarassing anyway but without those Dravid runs, it might well have been the single worst shellacking in the history of test cricket.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That England series was ****ing magnificent. I'm struggling to think of any other series I've seen where there has been such an enormous gulf in performance between one player and the rest of his team-mates.

Thing is, Dravid actually underperformed in terms of the number of runs he made, he ran out of partners at both Lord's and the Oval in India's first innings and would surely have scored loads more at Trent Bridge had the middle order not collapsed around him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
There was a serenity about his batting as catastrophe was going on around him. The thing it reminded me the most of was Tendulkar in the 1990s, when India were away and he wasn't getting the support that he later did; making hundreds batting in his own little bubble.

Last edited: