• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

At Least the Future is Bright for WI Cricket

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What the hell is going on over there? :mad:

EDIT: Well it was an adult side (FC?) against U-19. I'd think that most FC sides would make short work of U-19s, no? Though obviously 18 is quite embarrassing.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
well, we have been seeing the Windies under 19 side do well and the senior side struggle. Maybe they will swap now? :-O

Dissector

International Debutant
Well obviously an under-19 team is going to be bowled out for 18. :dry:

Last edited:

jammay123

State 12th Man
i reckon the wicb put them in to build some competitve competion because they are the best of their age group in the west indies and playing other age groups would be pointless. but this will probably set them back furthur.
dire batting it has to be said . cant wait for a few years when england play this lot:)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He might've taken wickets, but geez Pedro was expensive, wasn't he? Conceded over 60% of the Under 19's total. :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good performance by the 18 year old debutant Jason Dawes to take 2 wickets. He is listed as fast on cricinfo and hope he can do good things. All the best.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at the player stas for the U19s few have played more than a handful of List A games and for many this was their first.

That raises 2 questions

1) Why are a team so inexperienced and clearly out of their depth playing in such a comp? Getting hammered helps noone

2) Why are the WI U19 players so inexperienced and unable to get opportunities at FC and List A level?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Clearly the pitch must have been dire though, for its not like the Barbados batsmen really impressed with a top score of 6.

I mean, if they hadn't given Barbados over half the total in extras, I would think the U-19s were really in it with a shout. :ph34r:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Well obviously an under-19 team is going to be bowled out for 18. :dry:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it!

I looked at it the first time a few hours ago and didn't know what everyone was laughing about, then looked at it again I still didn't get it. And then I saw Jono's post and realized it's suppose to be a joke. So I looked at it again, and finally I get it :D.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it!

I looked at it the first time a few hours ago and didn't know what everyone was laughing about, then looked at it again I still didn't get it. And then I saw Jono's post and realized it's suppose to be a joke. So I looked at it again, and finally I get it :D.
*shakes head*

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Craigos not showing much faith in Dissector's ability.

Their U/19 side was OK a couple of years ago. They didn't have any real out and out quicks though, which was disappointing. More line and length type stuff.