• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

At Least the Future is Bright for WI Cricket

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The Under 19's got together as a team the day before the match and had a 2 hour drive to get to the ground. Not great preperation for such a young team is it? Adrian Barath, who averages 60 in FC cricket, was injured and did not play so that was a blow for them straightaway. They played a 20-20 match afterwards and the Under 19's played pretty well, losing by 18 runs only.

When the match started they couldn't cope with Pedro's inswingers which have become an extremely effective weapon against a lot of teams over the years. I still remember the Aussies having all sorts of problems against him in the 2005 VB series, so I have some sympathy for the rookies. Still, 18 is ridiculous and you would have thought that at least one batsman would be able to tough it out for a while.

R.E Adrian Dawes he is seriously quick, kept on beating the Bajans for pace on a really slow wicket. He is yet another of these small fast bowlers with bustling actions that we keep producing. Kelbert Walters was injured for this game and didn't play, but he is only 17 and has already been clocked at 86 mph.

They are playing Jamaica today and so will be confronted with an opening attack of Jerome Taylor and Darren Powell. It wont be easy but hopefully they will bounce back.

Craig

World Traveller
Craigos not showing much faith in Dissector's ability.

Their U/19 side was OK a couple of years ago. They didn't have any real out and out quicks though, which was disappointing. More line and length type stuff.
Did you play against them at the U/19 WC?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it!

I looked at it the first time a few hours ago and didn't know what everyone was laughing about, then looked at it again I still didn't get it. And then I saw Jono's post and realized it's suppose to be a joke. So I looked at it again, and finally I get it :D.
Oh dear...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
probably a bit of stage fright for those blokes. I reckon if an australian or south african under-19 side had to face lee/tait/johnson or Steyn/Morkel we could see a similar collapse.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
They're playing to provide some more matches and competition. There's also a Combined Campuses and Colleges team. Simon Jackson, the captain of my school team a few years ago, played in their first match making 26 runs. That team at least provides an outlet for players good enough but would probably have trouble with school schedule and the cricket schedule or having to choose between cricket and school. This way they can play cricket and have a chance to represent the WI while also receiving tertiary education. Enticed me to get back into cricket. Need to get a bat though and sort out my schedule as I'm a couple weeks late for practice.