• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Northern Districts win the state competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That is not a professional contract though - great argument, but the lines:

After consulting with his family, Moeen has accepted a 2 year full contract in conjunction with his school and education. The club have made arrangements so that Moeen's training and coaching are worked around his school time and that he has enough time to concentrate on his education.

kind of prove you wrong yet again!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Professional = The only earning/occupation someone is involved in.

He's still at school. He's not a professional.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Still a pro though, as he is 16
No mate, he's at school, his contract states that he will fit coaching and playing around his eduction. A professional cricketer is a person who has made cricket their chosen profession and has a contract for their services every day, not just when they are available.

Also I don't see why being 16 makes him a pro. I'm 19 and I'm not a pro...

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
So all 16 year olds are now pros?

No, he is not a pro, he has a contract which clearly states that he isn't!
No, But he paid by Warwickshire to play cricket so in effect he a Pro

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
No, But he paid by Warwickshire to play cricket so in effect he a Pro
Yeah, good one!

In the same way that I get paid to referee Junior Football, so I'm a professional referee?

Utter rubbish, Chris, and you know it.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, good one!

In the same way that I get paid to referee Junior Football, so I'm a professional referee?

Utter rubbish, Chris, and you know it.
Rubbish, He is Paid by Warwick to play cricket at the end of the day Warwickshire are a professional county and there Cricket are pros, Whether the combined Studies or not, Retainer are not Pro contracts

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Rubbish, He is Paid by Warwick to play cricket at the end of the day Warwickshire are a professional county and there Cricket are pros, Whether the combined Studies or not, Retainer are not Pro contracts
Rubbish yourself Chris. He has not got a professional contract so he is, in fact, not a professional cricketer. Just give up Chris, you lost this arguement ages ago.

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Rik said:
Rubbish yourself Chris. He has not got a professional contract so he is, in fact, not a professional cricketer. Just give up Chris, you lost this arguement ages ago.
Ok but it is a Pro contract after his GCSEs

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Ok but it is a Pro contract after his GCSEs
Where does it say that?

Anyway it doesn't matter, he hasn't taken his GCSEs yet so he's not a pro. Looks like you've just contridicted yourself...

Anyway what happened to GIVE UP?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, I can't be doing with another two pages of repeated posts, if you haven't got anything new to add then don't bother restating over and over.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
He is a schoolboy, not a pro - along with a lot of the other's you named - this is some sort of local jealousy, not fact.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
this is some sort of local jealousy, not fact.
You mean like last time? :yawn:
and the time before that :yawn: and the time before that :yawn: and the time before that :yawn:?

chris.hinton

International Captain
Jealous Harly, I just dont like Warwickshire for reason i will not reveal because they are none of your Business. I dont care if he a pro or Not the fact is He on a two year contract.

And Marc71178, i know the Youth cricket in this area well and no the Faults so SHUT UP

chris.hinton

International Captain
Jealous Harly, I just dont like Warwickshire for reason i will not reveal because they are none of your Business. I dont care if he a pro or Not the fact is He on a two year contract.

And Marc71178, i know the Youth cricket in this area well, so give me credit

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:

And Marc71178, i know the Youth cricket in this area well and no the Faults so SHUT UP
Chris, in fact I know a lot about the youth too since I have friends who live in Birmingham. Even if it is Marc, you have been proven wrong and you do not tell him to shut up.

Neil or any of the mods could you please close this thread as I for one have had enough of Chris talking rubbish then confirming himself that it is just pure bias. Anyway it's gone way off topic. Have a heart, close the thread.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
I just dont like Warwickshire for reason i will not reveal because they are none of your Business. I
Well unless you tell us why, every post against Warwickshire you make will be read as being jealously and petty local rivalry!

chris.hinton

International Captain
Marc

I apologze for that Remark, but People Abusing me because i say something different is wrong. Warwicks Youth staff i really have the problem with, not Warwick Seniors infact l glad they won the B+H cup last year. But i dont rate Ashely Giles but i rate other Warwickshire players simply becasue they are good.

Marc i apologze for being like this, but it my Personal feeling and in Future i will not use them on this site.

And to put the Munir thing to rest he will be a Proper Pro after his GCSEs, i learn that today.

Rik- i know a lot of youth players via links with Youth cricket and put the Record stright that i am in the wrong with the Marc comment

Sorry Marc And Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.