• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next World T20???

How Many Countries Should Next T20 Play?

Votes: 7 36.8%

Votes: 3 15.8%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hi Guys here is the thread where u can post ur views & Ideas on the next World T20... How many teams do u think should play in the next T20? Which countries Should partispate? Should ICC start special Qualifiers for the next World T20? Share ur views & guys pls be serious, Lets take Cricket to the next Level... CRICKET HAS NO BOUNDRIES.... YO CRICKET ROCKZZZZZ...........:tabletalk

Treeny

Cricket Spectator
I thnik it should be 8. The top 8 teams ranked in the official ranking list. That will make quality of matches much better and it will be a very short tournament which is all that is needed in the T20 format.

abcdef

Cricket Spectator
I would like to see a reduction in the ODI world cup to 12 teams and an expansion to 16 in T20. The T20 should be the vehicle for global eapansion. A few one-sided matches in T20 are much more bearable than in ODI.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hmm I personally feel 9 test nations + Zimbabwe should be in a tournament of 14 Teams. where the remaining 4 slots should be alloted by conducting a World T20 Qualifiers for the Next 10 nations (Exmple: A T20 Qualifying tournament between: Ireland, Kenya, Scotland, Netherlands, Canada, Bermuda, UAE, Namabia, Denmark & Uganda) Top 4 to World T20 Championship... Wat Say Guys????:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, it probably was. I didn't really consider the fact it was a new member that started the thread TBH.

stumpski

International Captain
Get rid off OD and Twenty20 for good.

It's a valid opinion ... ain't gonna happen though. I voted 14 btw. Where is the next T20 WC anyway? They should hold it every four years between World Cups and get rid of the universally unloved Champions Trophy, or at least reduce the CT to eight teams.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
That cant be done, pls give a better answer... Come on guys, wat changes should take place in the next World T20????
Okay here are a few reasonable changes that I propose

1. The match should have two innings
  2. There should be no over limit for bowlers
  3. There should be no power play
  4. There should be no field restrictions
  5. The ball should be red and the clothes white
  6. There should be no overs limit for the innings
  7. The match should be played over five days
:sleep:

Okay here are a few reasonable changes that I propose

1. The match should have two innings
  2. There should be no over limit for bowlers
  3. There should be no power play
  4. There should be no field restrictions
  5. The ball should be red and the clothes white
  6. There should be no overs limit for the innings
  7. The match should be played over five days
:sleep:
Sir,I totally agree with you but do you think there is any practically possible way of getting rid of Twenty20s & ODIs?It really hurts me from inside when these 2 dire formats fascinate young children & people who are cricket newbies.

Last edited: