• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket trade week

Matt79

Global Moderator
Saj for Pollock (they may go for it)

Flintoff and Bell for Lee, Katich, Jaques
Very interesting. If you thought Flintoff was any chance of being regularly fit, you'd take that quite happily, but as it is, its a bit of a gamble.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually, Asif troubled South Africa quite a bit in South Africa, which is where Clark had his success. I think Clark would be cannon fodder in Pakistani conditions. It'll certainly be interesting to see how he goes when he tours there.
I know mate - see my previous post.

I should have put an emoticon next to my initial statement....

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm shocked anyone would do that on CW... :-O :nono:
Well mate I was noticing the other day during all these Warne/Murali/Lillee/Viv/Strike Rate debates that the one thing no one EVER does is to selectively manipulate data to suit their own point of view. It stunned me, to be honest, and I felt it was about time someone brought that to the table...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a dead set visionary. Seriously.

You'll thank me when blokes like Rich and Kaz follow my lead and start bringing selectivity into their arguments.

readie

State Regular
Why would that be a good deal for Australia?
gilly will retire soon and i dont want to have to give the gloves to haddin if u ask me it would depend on how luke ronchi develops in the next yr or so for mine but yer

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Here's one for the Sri Lankans.

Michael Clarke, Hilfenhaus and Crosthwaite for Muralitharan.

You get one established star, one pace bowler with huge wraps on him and a keeper who may be a slight improvement on your current one for a freak and the best bowler around, but with some doubt about how long he will go on.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You reckon Asif is worth four times what Stu Clark is?
Nah, the players I offered are not 'four times' more than what I offered. Maybe twice, due to age primarily.

Hmm, Your best bat and whole seam attack for an unproven, injury prone player that has played only 10 Tests in nearly 3 years :blink:
Yea, well the batting isn't going to get better and the bowling will continue to suck. So I'll have a guy who might be good but gets injured than guys who I know won't be good at all.

SS, we'll give you a newly unretired Glenn McGrath for Dravid, Dhoni, and Kumble - deal?
I'll tell you what - you can have Dhoni for free and I'll throw in whoever else you want.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Andrew Strauss for Dave Mohammed
Liam Plunkett for Uttam Sarkar
Ian Bell for Lasith Malinga

Sift out the ailing Strauss and replace with a younger model, swap a very good Test and decent (if a bit slow) ODI bat with the potential to get better for a very good ODI and decent (if a bit expensive) Test quick with the potential to get better, and unite the best left arm spinner in the world with some bloke called Panesar. Sorted.

haroon510

International 12th Man
In any case (specific trades):
Rahul Dravid for Stuart Clark.
Rahul Dravid, Sreesanth, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan for Mohammad Asif.
would pakistan use the crap that u r offering to pakistan for asif... ? i personally think pak is better of with asif than those crappy players that u r offering...u would have a deal if u would offer, sachin, dohni, yuvraj singh and ganguly for asif ..