• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Test Nation???

Ur Next Test Playing Nation? Teams According to Present ICC Ranking...

• Ireland

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Kenya

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Scotland

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Netherlands/Holland

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Bermuda

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • United Arab Emirates

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Namibia

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Denmark

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Oman

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hi People who do u think would be the next test playing nation? Teams Mentioned according to present ICC Ranking...8-)

Flem274*

123/5
Interesting font size there...

I'm backing China. though I want the "Next test nation" to earn their spot.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Disappointed at the lack of Zim and China on the poll TBH.
People this poll is for Associate Countries whoz gonna Test Debut. Zim are a different team they still can be treated as a Test Team... Even I would love to see China as the next cricketing power but therez time for it! :cool:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well as Zim's test status was revoked I would guess that they would fall into the category of these other teams.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Welcome.

I really dont see any of these countries EVER being of a comparable standard to the better test sides, I know everybody has to start somewhere but in countries like Bangladesh and New Zealand there was atleast widespread enthusiasm for the game from the public, even though their teams were initially terrible.
And if the public likes the game, the kids will play in the parks and money will be generated which will lead to better development systems etc and ultimately better players.
I really dont see that happening in any of the countries which dont currently have test status (bar Zimbabwe), unless cricket really takes off there through some 20/20 initiative or something. Can't see any of them being remotely competitive which will lead to pointless boring cricket and I hope none of them are given test status atleast in the next 15 years or so.
All well and good trying to expand the game and make it global, but you cant push it on people who really arent interested.
Sadly atm I think there are only 10 teams who are or are capable of in the near future being competitive.

But if I had to pick one....Ireland...followed by Scotland.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ireland and Scotland have always been part of the country known (by historical misnomer) as "England" though. They're never going to amount to much on their own, TBH. And if they were to do so, it'd be a shame, frankly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ireland and Scotland have always been part of the country known (by historical misnomer) as "England" though. They're never going to amount to much on their own, TBH. And if they were to do so, it'd be a shame, frankly.
DWTA the more the merrier. As long as they're serious about it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So should we hence admit Yorkshire and NSW to Test-cricket, so as to make the pretence of more Test countries even when all we're really doing is splitting established sides - because we can?

Athlai

Not Terrible
So should we hence admit Yorkshire and NSW to Test-cricket, so as to make the pretence of more Test countries even when all we're really doing is splitting established sides - because we can?
If they were separate countries sure.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If they were separate countries sure.
Why does it matter whether they're separate countries? It's cricketing territories, not national boundaries, that matter. The British Isles has always operated under one cricket auspicies, until 1997 when it was stupidly split into England\Wales, Scotland and Ireland in official bull&%$£ terms.

However, these things haven't really changed the fact that the best Irish and Scottish cricketers have been much best served playing in and for England. It'd be much best if we had long overdue recognition that The British Isles are as one in cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why does it matter whether they're separate countries? It's cricketing territories, not national boundaries, that matter. The British Isles has always operated under one cricket auspicies, until 1997 when it was stupidly split into England\Wales, Scotland and Ireland in official bull&%$£ terms.

However, these things haven't really changed the fact that the best Irish and Scottish cricketers have been much best served playing in and for England. It'd be much best if we had long overdue recognition that The British Isles are as one in cricket.
Because it's split, and both countries if cricket is pursued by them could put up class act teams. No point looking back at spilt milk, they both have suitable populations. And they were as one in cricket but apparently not anymore.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's negligable evidence that they could put-up Test-class teams, though, really. They could, however, contribute to a Test-class team and make that team better than it would be otherwise, though.

The British Isles needs to unite now more than ever. Cricket is one of relatively few things that could potentially do that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There's negligable evidence that they could put-up Test-class teams, though, really. They could, however, contribute to a Test-class team and make that team better than it would be otherwise, though.

The British Isles needs to unite now more than ever. Cricket is one of relatively few things that could potentially do that.
European Union cricket team?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That, too, is something that could come to pass (there has been the odd fine cricketer from Holland and Denmark playing over here) and I'd certainly not be against such an idea.

I still hope that maybe one day Holland might become international-class in themselves, though - or maybe a European side excluding the British Isles.