• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Test Nation???

Ur Next Test Playing Nation? Teams According to Present ICC Ranking...

• Ireland

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Kenya

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Scotland

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Netherlands/Holland

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Bermuda

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • United Arab Emirates

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Namibia

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Denmark

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Oman

Votes: 11 12.5%

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
That, too, is something that could come to pass (there has been the odd fine cricketer from Holland and Denmark playing over here) and I'd certainly not be against such an idea.

I still hope that maybe one day Holland might become international-class in themselves, though - or maybe a European side excluding the British Isles.
I think Ireland is the real exception to it TBH.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Bulgaria.

I’m tipping a explosion of cricketing interest and talent there from mid-2008 onwards.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I actualy think they should keep test status now that they're heading towards compettitiveness.
Might even put a bet on them when they come here TBH, wouldn't be surprised if they beat us. Wouldn't be happy (unless I had placed said bet) but would not be overly surprised at all.

Flem274*

123/5
Might even put a bet on them when they come here TBH, wouldn't be surprised if they beat us. Wouldn't be happy (unless I had placed said bet) but would not be overly surprised at all.
Well if we have an injury crisis (highly likely) then I'd place that bet. I'm still furious I didn't bet on France and England in the rugby. I'm not going to miss a chance like that again.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Of the Associates, I dont think there are any that have a Test future on the forseeable horizon. 20 years time maybe something will change, but who knows.

ODI cricket is good for them and gives them an opportunity.

As far as Im concerned the closest to Test cricket outside the current group requires thinking outside the norm.

As I see it there are 3 possibilities

1) Jamaica
2) Wales (my perenial fight)
3) European Union

Flem274*

123/5
Of the Associates, I dont think there are any that have a Test future on the forseeable horizon. 20 years time maybe something will change, but who knows.

ODI cricket is good for them and gives them an opportunity.

As far as Im concerned the closest to Test cricket outside the current group requires thinking outside the norm.

As I see it there are 3 possibilities

1) Jamaica
2) Wales (my perenial fight)
3) European Union
An EU team is a thought. Are Ireland and Holland in it? You could have the O'Briens, that youn irish seamer who's name escapes me and Ten Douschte (spelling error i know)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
An EU team is a thought. Are Ireland and Holland in it? You could have the O'Briens, that youn irish seamer who's name escapes me and Ten Douschte (spelling error i know)
Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Scotland etc

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NSW-born XI:

1. Phil Jaques
2. Chris Rogers
3. Ed Cowan
4. Michael Clarke
5. Dominic Thornely
6. Adam Gilchrist
7. Brad Haddin
8. Brett Lee
9. Jason Gillespie
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Stuart Clark

Not great, but not awful either. I'm sure they'd hammer the West Indies at home, for starters. The bowling attack is quite strong (and even has some decent depth with Nicholson, Wright, Bollinger), but the batting could struggle at times.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NSW-born XI:

1. Phil Jaques
2. Chris Rogers
3. Ed Cowan
4. Michael Clarke
5. Dominic Thornely
6. Adam Gilchrist
7. Brad Haddin
8. Brett Lee
9. Jason Gillespie
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Stuart Clark

Not great, but not awful either. I'm sure they'd hammer the West Indies at home, for starters. The bowling attack is very strong, but the batting could struggle at times.
I was more laughing at the idea of the nation of New South Wales

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Scotland etc
Would be interested to see that - I think it's a promising idea. First though, you'd have to get the ICC to consider it Test status despite it not being between two national teams...(though they seem to pick and choose when they apply that ruling - yes Australia v ICC 2005, I'm looking at you).

And then someone would have to break the news to poor old Bill Frindall, who would then have another set of "Test" statistics that he'd refuse to acknowledge...