• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

S Sreesanth's Behavour

amokk1

U19 12th Man
From recent media reports of Sreesanth's behavior on and off field, it seems a lot of controversy has been generated. However, I always thought felt that this behavior added a bit more spice to the game. However, a recent report on cricinfo described his behavior as strange and bizarre. Maybe others will disagree with me but I feel there is a possibility that the media has misinterpreted his attitude towards the game and are covering the series in a biased manner while turning the public into believing that he is a wacky bowler when all he is showing is aggression and passion...But perhaps I could be wrong...

I was wondering what your thoughts were.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Nah look, I think it's great for the game. Any attempts to sanitize an international contest should be nullified without delay.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He's an idiot, and his acts do justice to his intelligence.

S Sreesanth, India's fast bowler, has denied clapping in the face of Andrew Symonds after he was dismissed in the fourth one-day match on Monday. Sreesanth, a 12th man in Chandigarh, reportedly had to be calmed down by Stuart Clark, who was also running the drinks, when Symonds was approached between the field and the entry to the dressing room.

Sreesanth has had an eventful series after targeting the Australians with his strange behaviour and he apparently continued to argue with Symonds and his team-mates after the eight-run loss. Despite not playing, Sreesanth went to Symonds as he walked off with 75 and observers said he clapped in the batsman's face.
I mean what the hell is this crap? How about you stop yourself from breaking down in the middle of Tests repeatedly because you're a complete moron? You need to stop this crap and stop being a mental midget. It doesn't help that a twit like you would get broken in half if Symonds decides he's had enough of your witless banter. You're a joke and a disgrace to the whole team.

Shut your mouth, and focus on not chucking those pies of yours. What, because you managed to do well in a couple tests, you've decided to channel Dennis Lillee now? Guess what you dolt, he could actually scare the batsman with his bowling. Nothing will make my day more than watching you get beat down into the ground in Australian Tests later this year; my only hope is that you don't cost us the Test. But I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
From recent media reports of Sreesanth's behavior on and off field, it seems a lot of controversy has been generated. However, I always thought felt that this behavior added a bit more spice to the game. However, a recent report on cricinfo described his behavior as strange and bizarre. Maybe others will disagree with me but I feel there is a possibility that the media has misinterpreted his attitude towards the game and are covering the series in a biased manner while turning the public into believing that he is a wacky bowler when all he is showing is aggression and passion...But perhaps I could be wrong...

I was wondering what your thoughts were.
sreesanth is a moron.. he is trying to be india's shoaib akhter.. performance wise he would never hold a candle to shoaib but maybe he might surpass shoaib bahavour wise..

itduzz

Banned
Aussies deserve every bit of it. They started this sledging & abusing stuff. now they r getting back . sure they wont like it but people who live in glass houses dont throw stones a others.... :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
sreesanth's bahavour can be described by this Video..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cq8-ZkfcJiM&mode=related&search=

i can't stop laughing.. he says something but doesn't have the gut to confrant inzi.. inzi comes in and he runs like bitch lol ...
That's probably the best thing I've seen Sreesanth do, actually. He said his bit and riled up the batsman but then got his focus back on the next ball and walked back to his mark, ignoring whatever rebuttal came his way. If he did that all the time, there'd be no problems - the problems start when his main focus is on the verbal battle and his bowling is a secondary consideration.

Really, I think Sreesanth's behaviour is over-discussed. When you say "Sreesanth" to someone, they won't discuss a promising bowler who bowls high-speed outswingers and ripped South Africa apart; they'll immediately give you their opinion on his attitude, and I hate that. Personally, I don't care what a cricketer is like as a person - I'd go and get a front row seat at a charity donation centre if I wanted to see genuine asks of human kindness. I watch cricket to see good cricket, funnily enough, and hence I appreciate good cricketer when I watch it, not good people. The great shame in this is that I really rate Sreesanth as a bowler; and while I normally wouldn't care either way about such antics, Sreesanth's mental instability definitely effects his bowling in a huge way. As I said earlier, his verbal battles with batsmen take first priority over his bowling far too often and, IMO, while this is the case, he should not be playing international cricket.

haroon510

International 12th Man
That's probably the best thing I've seen Sreesanth do, actually. He said his bit and riled up the batsman but then got his focus back on the next ball and walked back to his mark, ignoring whatever rebuttal came his way. If he did that all the time, there'd be no problems - the problems start when his main focus is on the verbal battle and his bowling is a secondary consideration.

RQUOTE]

ya right lol :laugh:

that is how u seee it.. the way i see it.. he is a big mouth jerk who says something and runs cowardly when inzi comes in to confrant him... this has nothing to do with his focuse in bowling..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ya right lol

that is how u seee it.. the way i see it.. he is a big mouth jerk who says something and runs cowardly when inzi comes in to confrant him... this has nothing to do with his focuse in bowling..
I don't see why you'd be scared of someone on a cricket field in front of thousands of people. What is Inzy going to do? Hit in and probably get a life ban? I doubt it. Sreesanth was clearly doing what he should do every time and refocus after saying his bit to rile up the batsman - something he clearly achieved with Inzy on this occassion..

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nothing wrong with his behaviour lately, as long as we don't see any beamers or anything that goes outside the cricket field it's perfectly fine.

haroon510

International 12th Man
I don't see why you'd be scared of someone on a cricket field in front of thousands of people. What is Inzy going to do? Hit in and probably get a life ban? I doubt it. Sreesanth was clearly doing what he should do every time and refocus after saying his bit to rile up the batsman - something he clearly achieved with Inzy on this occassion..
u think inzi wouldn't hit him lol it is highly doubtful but it is possible and that is why he ran cowardly.. if u watch it closely he seams to be running.. then why he ran away..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry to say, the guy is a clown.

Lots of young fast bowlers fall into the trap of trying to act like what they think a quick should behave like. Sreesanth, like others, doesnt quite get it. His behaviour makes me cringe and turn away from the screen.

Shame really as he could be a very useful bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
u think inzi wouldn't hit him lol it is highly doubtful but it is possible and that is why he ran cowardly.. if u watch it closely he seams to be running.. then why he ran away..
Errrr... no. There is roughly 0% chance that Inzy would have hit him. He wouldn't risk the rest of his career for that, FFS. He didn't run, either, he just made his way back to his mark.

Do you think he'd clap his hands in Andrew Symonds's face with no match officials around if he was scared of someone hitting him?

Ridiculous notion.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Errrr... no. There is roughly 0% chance that Inzy would have hit him. He wouldn't risk the rest of his career for that, FFS. He didn't run, either, he just made his way back to his mark.

Do you think he'd clap his hands in Andrew Symonds's face with no match officials around if he was scared of someone hitting him?

Ridiculous notion.
And in that video he's clearly just walking back to his mark, much better than having a pointless argument on the cricket pitch.

haroon510

International 12th Man
And in that video he's clearly just walking back to his mark, much better than having a pointless argument on the cricket pitch.
he didn't argue.. he cursed inzi.. he said something to his family.. inzi got mad and he wanted to tell give him his piece of mind.. sreesanth has no sense of sportmanship or respect for his elders.. he is just a jerk

pasag

RTDAS
Used to like Sreesanth heaps before the England Tests, since then my patience with him has really waned. Even more so as there seems to be a correlation between his antics and his performances. Anyways, it's the duty of the Indian captain, senior players and managment to try curb this behaviour and if they can't, he should be dropped or they should be held responsible for picking him, if and when this stuff occurs again.

That's not to say Symonds and co are without blame, it's ugly cricket all round and like Goughy said, cringeworthy.

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Some comments over the top imo, I doubt he's a 'moron', but yeah, his behaviour is disgraceful at times and I find it all pretty distasteful. Needs to know the limit, he seems as if he has no idea of it right now.