• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worlds Best Keeper/Batsmen

Who is the best keeper/Batsman in the world

• Andy Flower

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Kumar Sangakarra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Boucher

• Ryan Campbell

• Alec Stweart

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Hishan Tillakaratne

• Moin Khan

• Ridley Jacobs

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Someone has been listening! I think Robbo should have got at least a game for England earlier in his career, as his keeping is very good as is his batting (when he gets going). I have to say though, that the most unluckiest keeper has to be Jack Russell.

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Jacobs is an extremely good keeper and a fighting batsman who have come up with brilliantly determined knocks against the toughest of opposition i.e. SA and Australia. He should be given credit. He is certainly one of the best keepers in the world.
Are you saying you'd prefer Jacobs over Gilchrist? (I'm assuming you voted for Jacobs, if not then I apologise) I'd take Gilchrist evry single time without a doubt.
Neil Pickup said:
Jack Russell would have been a better example.
I was thinking about current players as Jack Russell has retired from international arena has he not?:rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
Are you saying you'd prefer Jacobs over Gilchrist?
I'm saying that Jacobs is a very good keeper and it was an ignorant statement to suggest disbelief in the fact that anyone voted for Jacobs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anna said:
Someone has been listening! I think Robbo should have got at least a game for England earlier in his career, as his keeping is very good as is his batting (when he gets going). I have to say though, that the most unluckiest keeper has to be Jack Russell.
Oh please!

He's nowhere near the batsman that Stewart is, and nowhere near the keeper that Russell is - there's no way he should have got a chance (especially since his better performance have been in more recent times)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
Oh please!
He's nowhere near the batsman that Stewart is, and nowhere near the keeper that Russell is - there's no way he should have got a chance (especially since his better performance have been in more recent times)
I think I'm allowed an opinion!! Or do you not know what they are?

Bazza

International 12th Man
55 100 18 4404 232* 53.70 12 23 142 9
186 183 14 5845 145 34.58 4 46 133 32

39 56 11 2615 204* 58.11 82.70 7 14 155 13
152 147 6 4817 154 34.16 91.26 8 27 212 37

This is Flower as keeper, and Gilchrist. For all the people arguing over simply who is the best batsman out of these two (lets face it in this poll Flower is the only person who is in Gilchrists league). I think it's quite close looking at this. Flower has maintained his record for a longer period of time, and really only Gilchrist's SR is what makes him stand out quite so much. Without entering into the argument about strength of team etc I think Gilchrist still gets the verdict. I voted for him anyway.

Bazza

International 12th Man
PS: Turner is pretty ordinary. I remember he had a pretty amazing season in I think it was 2000 and everyone was saying he should get a chance, but in fairness a FC average of 30 and List A of 25 is nothing special.

On that basis Adrian Aymes (my chance to show bias now!)deserved a chance because he has maintained a FC average of 31 despite being 38 now.