• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers with opposite styles

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I thought this might be interesting. Give two players with styles, techniques, attitude, that are in stark contrast with each other.

I'll go first: McGrath and Malinga.

Dissector

International Debutant
TBH, it's the obvious answer. And perhaps inappropriate because the two perform different roles and are of very different quality.

To make things interesting I say the two players should be of similar quality and play in similar positions.

Here is an interesting pair being the only two players in the game's history with roughly similar accomplishments:
Sobers and Kallis

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was going to say Mike Gatting and Mushtaq Ahmed then I re-read Manan's post...

Hmm... John Emburey and Robert Croft?