• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Zimbabwe Team

Thomas Aquinas

Cricket Spectator
i thikn that zimbabwe's prpbelem is that they are always selecting players be4 they are ready for international cricket. And 60% of runs are scored buy the Flower brothers and Heath streak is the only one that can get wickets reguarly but he gets injured to often because he is over bowled. Andy Flower should be the captain. Andy Blignaut is the only other player up to playing international crickat at the moment.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
It's the same reason that Pakistan rarely pick their strongest team...Politics

Thomas Aquinas

Cricket Spectator
i agree with u there rik they keep picking young black players that dont deserved to be picked and drop proven players likr Stuart Carlisle and Alistair Campbell

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The opposite thing was happening in South Africa...and still is...a multi-racial country trying to seem more multi-racial...although I suspect Zimbabwe's has more to do with Mugabe...

Langeveldt

Soutie
IMO that Zimbabwe is a lot less racially driven when it comes to cricket than SA. Henry Olonga came in on merit, and nobody really complained that there was only one black guy in the team. (Even though that man Mugabe is patron of the ZCU). Zim cricket seems to be very harmonious, compared with the country that surrounds it.
I dont think there are too many guys who are in there because of the colour of their skin. Certainly not to the extent that SA have experienced (Look at Ontong and Prince)
The problem Zim have is lack of money and negative publicity.