• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

counties chasing steve smiths' signature.

brockley

International Captain
Test Captain Join Date: Feb 2007

UK clubs chase aussie kid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK clubs chase aussie kid
by 08 October 2007
17 year old steve smith who took 6/14 in a 2nd xl game vs kent this season and plays for NSW 2nd xl and underage cricket is being chased by county clubs in england he has a british passport.Steven Smith
Full name: Steven Peter Devereux Smith
Born: 2nd June 1989, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Batting: Right-hand batsman
Bowling: Leg-break
Teams: Kent Second XI (Second Eleven Championship: 2007); Surrey Second XI (Second Eleven Championship: 2007); Surrey Second XI (Second Eleven Trophy: 2007); New South Wales Under-17s (Miscellaneous: 2005/06); New South Wales Second XI (Miscellaneous: 2006/07); New South Wales Under-19s (Miscellaneous: 2006/07); All teams
Lists of matches and more detailed statistics

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I read this in the paper on Sunday. Interesting as this is such a young kid - I think my mates have played with him in NSW u/19 or against him in grade cricket. I get the feeling that he may pick Australia, either way, GL to him.