• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia U/19 in Pakistan

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Destroyed?

Good to see Burns get a few wickets.

I used to play against him 2-3 years ago, amazingly suprised that he is playing first grade for Bankstown let alone under 19 Australia. Things change, my mate who played with Burns for a number of years said that the synthetic pitches weren't conducive to his type of bowling.

Either way, he's a nice bloke.

brockley

International Captain
looked at the scorecard what was kumar sarnia batting at 7/8 for,he is supposed to be the senior batsmen now that hughes/hill aren't on tour.I thought scott smith was included in the squad obviously not,because he played grade on the weekend.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You've been told once already, stop starting all these new bloody threads.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why isn't this worthy of a thread? It's about the Aussie Under 19's in Pakistan...seems threadworthy to me.
Because it's Australia, obviously, so it must be thread-worthy. If you had an idea of itduzz's history on this site, and the amount of threads he has started, then you'll realise this is just another pointless one.

sideshowtim

Banned
Because it's Australia, obviously, so it must be thread-worthy. If you had an idea of itduzz's history on this site, and the amount of threads he has started, then you'll realise this is just another pointless one.
Any under-19 tour would seem fine to me. Any at all. No need to be a Nazi about it. This is a cricket forum, this is a topic about cricket. He may have made other dumb threads, but this is a topic that's perfectly thread worthy.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Any under-19 tour would seem fine to me. Any at all. No need to be a Nazi about it. This is a cricket forum, this is a topic about cricket. He may have made other dumb threads, but this is a topic that's perfectly thread worthy.
He originally called it "Pakistan destroy Australia U/19" or something, before the title was edited. During the Aus A tour of Pakistan, he made up a new thread for every game (that Pakistan won, sorry). That was his past record.

I'd be interested to see how experimental Australia is being with their line-up, and how many changes there will be between now and the Youth World Cup.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Both were left behind to concentrate and making their respective state 2nd XIs or even 1st XIs. Both are part of the state squads and it was seen as more benefical for them to train and play some warm up games with the state sides.

sideshowtim

Banned
Both were left behind to concentrate and making their respective state 2nd XIs or even 1st XIs. Both are part of the state squads and it was seen as more benefical for them to train and play some warm up games with the state sides.
That's probably fair enough I reckon. On the same token I'd much rather our senior guys have not toured India and focused on 4-day state cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shame Mohammad Aamer is injured for his a real talent. His only 15 but the kid can already bowl at 85mph plus. Although, like many Pakistani cricketers is rather mercurial but when he fancies his a handful, gave Godleman’s technique a good working over.

Definitely one to watch out for in the 2008 WC and Pakistan should be firm favourites to retain the trophy, got some great youngsters.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Just how entrenched do you guys reckon Burns and Robson are in the side (unless I'm mixed up they're the two spinners?).....Any chance of another tweaker forcing his way in with a good show at the U19 champs?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Clive Rose over there? Good left arm orthodox, although maybe not so suited to the shorter game. Very prepared to throw it up

brockley

International Captain
According to pakpassion steve smith is in the squad,should be in the team 1 of the first picked had a wow tour of india with the AIS,craps all over robson.Also he would be 1 of the best batsmen in the squad apart from borgas and sarnia.
Why play at 7 madness what were they thinking :wacko: .
Yes this is a good thread for the series,dunno idutz's history saw him post the same thing at the yahoo cricket forum.

brockley

International Captain
Devoy is in the present ACT side playing in the state championships and was at the institute series in darwen,done quite well.

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Where is Shaun Austin ? He has done so well in the institute challenge, how is that he is not in this Australia U/19 team ?