• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Cricket Tour? Meet-up and Games

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive talked to a couple of members from this forum about this idea and I thought I may as well open it up to see if it is a remote possibility.

This is a tentative toe in the water to gauge potential interest. There is nothing organised as of yet and no commitment is needed or asked for.

Im now involved with Bulgarian cricket and Bulgaria is in the proccess of applying for Affiliate Membership of the ICC. If the numbers are here then why not a-

CricketWeb Cricket tour to Bulgaria to play the Bulgarian National side.

- It would be good publicity for the site and Bulgarian Cricket
- The chance to play against (and beat) a National Team
- A chance to visit a historic European capital
- A chance to meet and hang out with other members
- An opportunity to be a cricketing pioneer in a new cricketing nation

Id guess something lke a 3 day tour with 2 games (maybe a 6s tournament or a game against the Ambassadors XI as well as the National Team) would be the best format.

There are a number of discount flights to Sofia and there is a decent chance of free (Id have to check) accomodation at the National Sports Academy.

I certainly dont expect there to be enough interest to make something as grand as this happen but it would be cool if it did and it doesnt hurt to see what the response would be like.

Flem274*

123/5
Ive talked to a couple of members from this forum about this idea and I thought I may as well open it up to see if it is a remote possibility.

This is a tentative toe in the water to gauge potential interest. There is nothing organised as of yet and no commitment is needed or asked for.

Im now involved with Bulgarian cricket and Bulgaria is in the proccess of applying for Affiliate Membership of the ICC. If the numbers are here then why not a-

Id guess something lke a 3 day tour with 2 games (maybe a 6s tournament or a game against the Ambassadors XI as well as the National Team) would be the best format.

There are a number of discount flights to Sofia and there is a decent chance of free (Id have to check) accomodation at the National Sports Academy.

I certainly dont expect there to be enough interest to make something as grand as this happen but it would be cool if it did and it doesnt hurt to see what the response would be like.
I'll be your medium pacer and genuine number 11 batsman if you like.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm fat and slow but I'd be willing to carry bats and such if for no other reason than to visit Bulgaria. :p

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been to Bulgaria. Great place, great people - especially if you make the effort to speak the language. All blagodarias and molyas as I recall.

I'd be in if I was still living in Europe. Don't think the missus would be happy subsidising another cricket tour to Europe for the Heathster though, sadly.

Craig

World Traveller
I'll be your medium pacer and genuine number 11 batsman if you like.
Well Dickinson and Pickup are no great shakes as batsmen, so if somehow they were involved, would that mean that the tail would start at 7 or 8? :ph34r:

Having seen Dickinson bowl, well...:p

I'm out for the fact that I have 5 euros next to my name.

Craig

World Traveller
Given that Bulgaria have been part of the EU since the start of the year, does that mean I won't need a visa like I used to (given I don't hold a EU passport)?

Hakon probably knows...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Its a great idea.

I would love to come
. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha. Nice as it'd be, there's pretty well zero chance I'd be able to do something like this. Well done to anyone who might manage it.

EDIT: 3 days? Hmm, well that'd not be totally impossible I suppose, but I've never flown and never been further than Normandy. What sort of costs are we looking at anyone know?

Craig

World Traveller
Haha. Nice as it'd be, there's pretty well zero chance I'd be able to do something like this. Well done to anyone who might manage it.

EDIT: 3 days? Hmm, well that'd not be totally impossible I suppose, but I've never flown and never been further than Normandy. What sort of costs are we looking at anyone know?
You can fly from London (one of the airports) to Sofia with easyjet. Plane costs would be impossible to find unless you knew the dates.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Rich, if it's work that makes you think you can't do it, you do now you're legally entitled to 4 weeks hols don't you? :p

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

:-O Mate, it's time for you to experience the wonders of travel. It's (almost) better than cricket.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Given that Bulgaria have been part of the EU since the start of the year, does that mean I won't need a visa like I used to (given I don't hold a EU passport)?

Hakon probably knows...
As Bulgaria haven't implemented the Schengen agreement yet, you would probably need a visa.

Not quite sure I'd be much worth on such a tour - being unaccustomed to which way to hold a bat. :p Besides, planes from Norway to Bulgaria costs £400, and low price alternatives only get me as far as Poland.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:-O Mate, it's time for you to experience the wonders of travel. It's (almost) better than cricket.
Would expect nothing else from an Aussie living in London TBH. :p

I'm a happy-at-home type. There's nowhere I'd rather be than this great place.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich, if it's work that makes you think you can't do it, you do now you're legally entitled to 4 weeks hols don't you? :p
I'm not one to hold this you're-legally-obliged-to-do-this-and-that-for-me at my boss TBH, there's plenty of stuff he could throw back my way if he wanted to (which he doesn't and never has).

In any case, all I'd really need is 4 days off in a row, and I'm off Monday to Friday this week. It's something I'd not have a great amount of difficulty getting provided I had a good coupla months notice.

Craig

World Traveller
As Bulgaria haven't implemented the Schengen agreement yet, you would probably need a visa.

Not quite sure I'd be much worth on such a tour - being unaccustomed to which way to hold a bat. :p Besides, planes from Norway to Bulgaria costs £400, and low price alternatives only get me as far as Poland.
That's true, but neither do Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and the Czecg Republic, all EU countries but they wanted to see and stamp my passport, and in Slovakia the guy just looked at and gave it back to me and off I went. Some non EU countries I don't need a visa, like Serbia, Bosnia, Turkey, Albania for example.

Agreed.